Trouble with Galaxy 18

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NMoon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
Brownsburg Indiana
It is a common situation, first the SES3 issue and now this one in my case. Supposedly even though I am somewhat blocked I can get Galaxy 18 at 123 degrees west but can't find it. None of the satellite locators I found for Android devices are helpful because of the compass being a bit weird, always seems slightly off compared to what I can normally get and no method of calibration. I have locked birds at 87, 91, 95, 97, 99, 101, 103 and 105 degrees west with no issue at all its just further away from 107 west I have not had much luck at all. Have gotten a lock at 119 west before on the circularly polarized Dish Network satellite and remember the approximate location in the sky but I can't get the linear polarized Galaxy 18 to lock at all.

Try to find 11776 V 2848 (Daystar SD) or 11736 V 3361 (UWTV). The FSTV transponder (11856 V 1784) is notoriously difficult to lock. I'm not really sure of the status of 11732 H 13240 (DOD) these days.

G-18 bird is somewhat middled aged the signal very weak to good srong signal, So being in upper midwest might be little weaker but than again I could be wrong though.

Since I am in New Mexico, I seem okay overall.;)

That trick helped me find quite a few others but failed on this one. What is frustrating is I had locked Anik G at 118.8 degrees with a circular LNB before and just can't seem to lock it now. Maybe I need to swap LNBs briefly in order to find that one and mark it on my dish's calibrated scale showing everything I can normally get.

PROBLEM SOLVED! I locked Galaxy 18 today, actually got a surprisingly good signal quality around 60% on the transponder for UWTV and TVW. Also locked AMC21 so that means I too get PBS much like what another member fought their dish for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts