Trouble with globecast

Status
Please reply by conversation.

donboughton

Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
CT
I had a globecast install today but it did not go as planned I removed the dish from one house and brought it to a house one town over, I mounted the dish did not change any settings, I have a clear line of sight and could not pull any signal in with my super buddy or the receiver. the Lnb would not pick up signal from any satellite but was working fine at the first house. Any suggestions.

For a guy that owns a sat meter my reply might sound basic.
What are you mounting it to? Unless the before and after surfaces are at the same angle (preferably plumb) then you are going to have to adjust the elevation at the new location. You will also have to pan it East or West a bit, but don't change the skew.

Pixl beat me to it, but yes, your elevation and/or east/west azimuth has changed by moving the dish. That's assuming you don't have any trees or obstructions in the way of whatever satellite you're aiming toward.

Dish is mounted to the side of the house and is dead level. I have adjusted the elevation and I cant get a lock on anything. I put an old direct lnb on and locked on to 101 no problem but i cant get the globecast lnb to lock on anything Im not sure if something is wrong with the lnb or if the skew settings are incorrect. The skew on the LNB was +29 and the scew on the back of the dish is 90. I was looking at the manual online and it looks like I need to change the lnb to 0 and skew to 116 does that sound right for CT? Still cant figure how I couldn't pick up any satellite in the area I will be going back to try again but would love some more suggestions. I have tuned into 97w with glorystar with no problems but that was with a different type of dish.

I think the +29 is the polarization not skew but im not 100% on that

Last edited:
Standing in front of the dish, the LNBF should be rotated Counter (anti) Clockwise 29 degrees for your area.

Good sign if you swap out the LNBF and are receiving DirecTV 101. Swap back to the linear LNBF and set the skew. Mark the mast then pan the dish East so the mast mark moves 1/4". Drop your elevation 2 degrees. You should be very close in the aiming.Set your Birdog meter BER menu to LOG for additional sensitivity.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)