Trouble with OTA KDFA in DFW

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
Trouble with OTA KDFI in DFW

Any other DFW denizens having problems with this channel? It was fine prior to L3.66 but I noticed when L3.66 came down the signal strength started bouncing between 95 and 75 and 3 times a minute I would get the yellow "lost signal" message. When L4.01 came down I was seeing 100 signal strength (which coincides with increased signal strengths on all OTA channels) but it wouldn't tune at all - just stayed on the yellow lost signal screen. I re-scanned for channels and now it won't even get picked up in the scan. :confused:

Last edited:
I think the station may have changed something. Channel 33 used to be one of my strongest stations, and now I get constant breakups. I cant pinpoint a time when it happened, but its been in the last few months.

I have 5 other ATSC tuners, so I know its not just the 622.

I'm not having trouble with this channel with my 211 (L345) or hitachi or hisense tuners.
Channel 27-1 has never worked correctly with the 211 the others have no problem with it.

Any other DFW denizens having problems with this channel? It was fine prior to L3.66 but I noticed when L3.66 came down the signal strength started bouncing between 95 and 75 and 3 times a minute I would get the yellow "lost signal" message. When L4.01 came down I was seeing 100 signal strength (which coincides with increased signal strengths on all OTA channels) but it wouldn't tune at all - just stayed on the yellow lost signal screen. I re-scanned for channels and now it won't even get picked up in the scan. :confused:
Wheres KDFA?

I haven't had problems with 33, 33-1 or 33-2. I only have consistent problems with 27-1 (like others here) and 68-*. What can I say, I'm a qubo fan!

I've had sporadic problems with other channels, but nothing like 27-1.

I have problems with KDFI on both of my 622s even though the signal strength is 96 - 100%. It comes in fine on my old Dish 6000 and the built in TV tuners. It use to come in fine on the 622s. I assume the station is changing something in their PSIP information that the 622 doesn't like. Last week the TV tuners were tuning it as 36.1 (the actual broadcast channel), and now it is back to 27.1. I haven't tried it lately on the 622 that got the 4.01 software upgrade.

Try it today. For the first time in several weeks I was able to watch the channel last night with a perfect picture. I watched for about 30 minutes and didn't get one picture breakup or lost signal message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts