Trouble with SuperDish Upgrade

greatgoogly

Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
I've been a Dish Customer for a couple months. I initially had the Dish500 system, but recently wanted to add the new GermanTV service, which requires a SuperDish. Dish told me the SuperDish would get all the channels that I was getting before plus the GermanTV channel. The installer came out and removed my two existing dishes and replaced them with a SuperDish. The installer hit the road before I could completely check everything out, after he left I found that some of my local channels were MIA. When I go to one of those channels I'm greeted with a message that I need a second dish to get those channels. Ahrrrhhhgggg, I call Dish and kept getting bounced between different departments. First I was told that I should be getting those channels that are missing, then I was told the installer should have installed a DPP44 switch that would have allowed reception of those locals, then I was told that I actually need to have the second dish reinstalled. The installer when he was here really seemed in a hurry so it wouldn't surprise me if the job wasn't done correctly. He left junk and depris in my yard from the install, and was annoyed that he had to come back and clean up his mess. Anyway the bottom line am I going to need to have a second dish reinstalled or will the DSPP44 switch gain me access to those missing local channels. The channels are the ones that are listed with an asterix on the Dish website as saying a second dish is required to receive them. I am in the Worcester, MA area.

if some of your locals are on the wings (61.5/148) you will indeed need the second dish and dspp44 to allow you to look at four satellite locations.

since the installer took it down, they should be responsible for putting it back up.

he screwed up... you will be looking at 4 birds. 119/110, one of the FSS birds (105 or 121) and either 61.5 or 148. the superdish can handle 119/110 and one of the FSS birds but you will need that wing bird 61.5 or 148 in order to get those locals. and yes a dpp44 would be needed.

Welcome to Sateliiteguys! I have relatives up on Burncoat Street in Worcester. (Pronounced Wistah, for all you non-new englanders) Glad to have you aboard.

They're correct above. You need your second dish reinstalled with a FREE DPP44 switch. They are not allowed to charge you to get your local stations installed.

You lucked out, they could have charged you since you were integrating the superdish without locals involved... but since they screwed up, now they need to integrate the local dish, which is free.

send an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com if your calls go nowhere. Leave a callback number and they'll jump at getting your situation settled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts