Trouble with X4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

izthebye

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 16, 2007
I have a DSR920, 10 ft. BUD and BSC621 LNBF. I have been subscribed to X4 for the last couple of months. As the sub ran out, I renewed it this morning and have been sending it hits for most of the day. The counter has been incrementing at each hit. Sci-Fi, X4-642 authorization has been on and off and I have only seen 1 of the other 9 channels in the package.

Signal and Q are both good at 63 and 30 on most of the channels.

Anyone else run across this problem?

My X4 channels are working fine on my DSR 922, 99 quality. Call your program provider and tell them what's happening.

If you have NPS they will fix you right up, give them a call.

X4 is one of the best birds out there for KU. I receive an excellent picture. I have a 10 foor BUD with a mesh dish.

X4 must be a Dish or Direct bird, anyone know????????

My X4 channels are working fine on my DSR 922, 99 quality. Call your program provider and tell them what's happening.

Thanks TVRPRO and the rest. I think I will look at my antenna as my signal levels seem pretty low compared with what you guys have b4 I bug my provider. My sigs have never come anywhere near 99. Antenna improvement may involve removal of trees and buildings.......

Every now and then I have to bump the BUD around to get X4 in. Mama gets a little hyper when she can't get Lifetime Movie Channel, ugh!! One time it was a little off and wasn't coming in and I told her LMC went off the air. Man she got to swalkin'. The son was LOL.:D:)

X4 must be a Dish or Direct bird, anyone know????????

X4 (G-16) was replaced about a year ago. It has standard linear polarity for FSS on Ku. It has 100 watt transponders. The Satellite is suported by PanAmSat and built by Hughes. It is one strong bird :)

I have a DSR920, 10 ft. BUD and BSC621 LNBF. I have been subscribed to X4 for the last couple of months. As the sub ran out, I renewed it this morning and have been sending it hits for most of the day. The counter has been incrementing at each hit. Sci-Fi, X4-642 authorization has been on and off and I have only seen 1 of the other 9 channels in the package.

Signal and Q are both good at 63 and 30 on most of the channels.

Anyone else run across this problem?

Looks like I had an antenna problem. Moved the feed to an old Star Choice dish I had kicking around. Signals and quality have about doubled and hits have worked. My BUD has definitely gotta to be moved as demolishing the barn is not an option! :)

I had to move my dish 60 ft for G3 and Galaxy 16 (X4) due to neighbors tree. Still, using Shepards on G4 (C side of Galaxy 16) for tuning, I too must move a couple digits to get X4 mostly for Speed. Maybe an Indiana thing. Does the same hold true for most dualband birds? I wish the 922 would tune digital as easily as the analog. I usually use the "program satellites" so I can view the picture as I sweep. It freezes with this weird green/pink tint picture and a soft reset is required to be able to see the tuning pic again....both C and Ku digital. But,now that I know my Ku LNB is working I'm also ready to look at an HD Coolsat or DreamBox. Wish NASA was not DVB so I could 922 it.
Glad you found your problem!
Stu

I had to move my dish 60 ft for G3 and Galaxy 16 (X4) due to neighbors tree. Still, using Shepards on G4 (C side of Galaxy 16) for tuning, I too must move a couple digits to get X4 mostly for Speed. Maybe an Indiana thing. Does the same hold true for most dualband birds? I wish the 922 would tune digital as easily as the analog. I usually use the "program satellites" so I can view the picture as I sweep. It freezes with this weird green/pink tint picture and a soft reset is required to be able to see the tuning pic again....both C and Ku digital. But,now that I know my Ku LNB is working I'm also ready to look at an HD Coolsat or DreamBox. Wish NASA was not DVB so I could 922 it.
Glad you found your problem!
Stu

When aligning your dish you should only use c band to get in the ballpark then do your final adjustments on ku. If you peak ku to the max c band will fall right into place since ku is 3 times more critical to align due to the smaller wavelength.

As far as issues go with bumping the dish between c and ku, your feedhorn is probably not aligned right. I would check the focal distance, f/d ratio and feedhorn centering.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)