Troy Smith: Heisman Trophy Winner

Why? What has he done differently that would qualify him to be better? I mean Troy is stronger, faster, more athletic, wins....what ELSE does he need to do???
The thing is.....Brady and Notre Dame(when doing well) are media are media darlings. You look at Troy...troubled beginning at Ohio State....black and not given a chance to even play, much less start....and now, wins a MUCH deserved Heisman.....telling....can you honestly say, that Quinn worked as hard as Troy to get to where they got?.....uh oh, I threw out the race card......:eek:

Stronger??? How do u know that? Im pretty sure that you dont, he is faster Ill give you that, but that does not guarantee that he is a better QB. Im sure as hell not going to say that Vick is as good as Carson Palmer or either Manning. Im sure he deserved wining the heisman but the whole thing about him growing up in the ghetto and whatever he had to go through doesnt mean crap and shouldnt factor in him winning the heisman. Sure you say Troy worked "so" hard in getting to be as good as he did but how can u say brady didnt? You cant.

Stronger??? How do u know that? Im pretty sure that you dont, he is faster Ill give you that, but that does not guarantee that he is a better QB. Im sure as hell not going to say that Vick is as good as Carson Palmer or either Manning. Im sure he deserved wining the heisman but the whole thing about him growing up in the ghetto and whatever he had to go through doesnt mean crap and shouldnt factor in him winning the heisman. Sure you say Troy worked "so" hard in getting to be as good as he did but how can u say brady didnt? You cant.

Ok...put ALL that aside...WHAT does Quinn have that would make him a better QB??
NO ONE has given me a legit answer.....OTHER than being 4 inches taller?:rolleyes:

Yeah....but if both Troy and Michael Vick were coming out AT THE SAME TIME....

I'm not so sure about that, Vick has always had the hype, he's a running back/ wr that can throw a little, and he has the hype so he'll play QB.
M. Vick does not like to be coached at all, you can see that when he keeps telling them, let me play my way, he wants to play backyard, draw it up in the grass plays

Troy is a QB all the way, very solid in all aspects of the game.

Vick has 6 years experience of starting and still has not developed into a decient passer.

We can debate all we want, but No one will know how well Troy will play till he gets there.
If he goes with Detroit, or Oakland or Cleveland, he will run for his life and will look bad trying to stay alive behind the offensive lines.

Vick has a steller Offensive line.

Im sure he deserved wining the heisman but the whole thing about him growing up in the ghetto and whatever he had to go through doesnt mean crap and shouldnt factor in him winning the heisman.
It doesn't mean anything in the Heisman voting, it just gives the TV people something to add to the drama of an hour long show they must put on.

Have you ever heard about a guy winning the heisman and they stete that he had it tough growing up in the High Class district, in his1,000,000 home with the choffer taking him to shcool each day and the maid making dinner, while Dad made million a year at the big corperate giant, ect.
you get my drift ...

Jimbo

I would hope Vick is better, he's been in the league for 6 years now.
In reality, it all depends on where the QB's go, Quinn and Smith, if they go with better teams they will have a possibility of having a good to great career, if they go to Detroit they can start thier career after they get out of Detroit.

Jimbo

I still want Troy Smith. I know Detroit is QB hell, but this guy (Smith) knows how to win the big games, something that Quinn has yet to display. As for his height, last I checked Drew Brees is doing just fine at 6 foot 1.

cybok,
Please state your reasons why he will not be a good QB.
He's already better than Vick and he plays QB why can't Troy ?

Tell me what Vick does that Troy can't .....

Jimbo

Vick's not a good QB anyway, Vick shouldn't be a QB.

I don't think Smith would be good enough against NFL teams, There just to fast.

I hope I'm wrong, the NFL needs some excitement.

I still want Troy Smith. I know Detroit is QB hell, but this guy (Smith) knows how to win the big games, something that Quinn has yet to display. As for his height, last I checked Drew Brees is doing just fine at 6 foot 1.

Good, you take Smith up there in Detroit and we will take Quinn down here in Miami (although it is probably more likely he will end up at Oakland).

Who is the better football player? Why don't you try switching the QB's on each others teams. If Quinn played QB for Ohio State what kind of numbers would he have put up? the same for Smith if he played for ND? what the heck, how would Calvin Johnson have done if he played for either Brady or Smith as QB's?

I am not the least bit bitter for Troy Smith winning the Heisman. There could be an argument for quite a few guys as the best player in college football, I dont think Brady Quinn was the best player in College Football but I do think he won the correct award this year, the Unitas Award (also the Maxwell which is awarded for the same general criteria as the Heisman).

Congrats to Troy Smith and good luck in the BCS Championship Game.

I am not the least bit bitter for Troy Smith winning the Heisman. There could be an argument for quite a few guys as the best player in college football, I dont think Brady Quinn was the best player in College Football but I do think he won the correct award this year, the Unitas Award (also the Maxwell which is awarded for the same general criteria as the Heisman).

I wouldn't put the Maxwell on the same criteria as the Heisman. For at least the past 10 years the Maxwell has been given to a non-Heisman winner.

Vick's not a good QB anyway, Vick shouldn't be a QB.

I don't think Smith would be good enough against NFL teams, There just to fast.

I hope I'm wrong, the NFL needs some excitement.

He is DEFINATELY better than what you have in Pittsburgh and I can count with LESS than 10 fingers how many QBs are better than he is in the NFL.

Good, you take Smith up there in Detroit and we will take Quinn down here in Miami (although it is probably more likely he will end up at Oakland).

Who is the better football player? Why don't you try switching the QB's on each others teams. If Quinn played QB for Ohio State what kind of numbers would he have put up? the same for Smith if he played for ND? what the heck, how would Calvin Johnson have done if he played for either Brady or Smith as QB's?

Congrats to Troy Smith and good luck in the BCS Championship Game.

Didn't we give you Harrington already? You're greedy.

He is DEFINATELY better than what you have in Pittsburgh

How many Superbowl wins does Vick have, none and Big Ben has more than him.

He's having a bad year he'll be back strong next year.

Vick hurts his team every year, he doesn't consistently pass the ball well enough.
He'd be better at running back or wide receiver.

I can count with LESS than 10 fingers how many QBs are better than he is in the NFL.

• Tom Brady
  • Payton Manning
  • Drew Breeze
  • Donavon McNabb
  • Steve McNair
  • Carson Palmer

That's who I think is better than Ben, no Vick.

Besides Brady how many of them have a Superbowl ring, none.:D

How many Superbowl wins does Vick have, none and Big Ben has more than him.

He's having a bad year he'll be back strong next year.

Vick hurts his team every year, he doesn't consistently pass the ball well enough.
He'd be better at running back or wide receiver.

• Tom Brady
  • Payton Manning
  • Drew Breeze
  • Donavon McNabb
  • Steve McNair
  • Carson Palmer

That's who I think is better than Ben, no Vick.

Besides Brady how many of them have a Superbowl ring, none.:D

OK....those are the only one I came up with that are better...put Ben in Atlanta and I doubt he would make the playoffs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts