Troy Smith: Heisman Trophy Winner

He was the reason they beat Denver and Cincinnati.

He got them there, may not of had his best game, but still won.
Wrong. The reason Pittsburgh beat Cincy in the playoffs was the cheap shot on Palmer on the very first play. A play that showed he was going to dissect their secondary.

Wrong. The reason Pittsburgh beat Cincy in the playoffs was the cheap shot on Palmer on the very first play. A play that showed he was going to dissect their secondary.

what cheap shot on palmer? are you talking about the play where a friend of his that played for another team came off of a block falling and his helmet hit palmers knee? there is no way, not even 1% chance that was a cheapshot, plus he made one pass, that means the whole game is going to be like that? I dont know if I buy into that.

what cheap shot on palmer? are you talking about the play where a friend of his that played for another team came off of a block falling and his helmet hit palmers knee? there is no way, not even 1% chance that was a cheapshot, plus he made one pass, that means the whole game is going to be like that? I dont know if I buy into that.

They have to make up some excuse for the reason they lost.

Agreed, put Vick in Pittsburgh and he'd be a running back.:D

Vick's a good athlete but not a good Quarterback.

According to your dislike....?? WHAT statistical data do you have that states he is not a good QB? Vick in Pittsburgh offessive line and he will be the next QB to rush for 1000 and pass for 2000. He is a HOF QB with THAT line....or Baltimore's line. IF Atlanta goes ANYWHERE, it's because of Vick.

I agree AND the ONLY reason they beat Indy is because of that playoff saving tackle...if not...they would have been at home watch the Super Bowl he would be a guest commentator.

Because of the team..NOT because of him...

Excuse me ?????

Who led them thru the first two rounds in last years playoffs ???

Ben's passing, and a great D , thats what.

You don't remember them coming out and going No Huddle and scoring quickly in each of the first two playoff games ?

Jimbo

OK....those are the only one I came up with that are better...put Ben in Atlanta and I doubt he would make the playoffs...

Your kidding, right ?
With the GREAT offensive line that Atlanta has, they are a power running team when they are winning.
Behind that O line, Ben may have 2-3 SB rings already.

(yes, I know he's only been in the league 2 years now)

Jimbo

That was NOT a cheap shot, at all.
But we discussed that about a year ago now.
1 play does not dictate the whole game.

Jimbo

According to your dislike....?? WHAT statistical data do you have that states he is not a good QB? Vick in Pittsburgh offessive line and he will be the next QB to rush for 1000 and pass for 2000. He is a HOF QB with THAT line....or Baltimore's line. IF Atlanta goes ANYWHERE, it's because of Vick.

Steelers O line stinks this year.
I would take Big Ben over Vick on most days, unless your criteria is to make sportcenter , seeing the media has a shot of Vick when he goes to the bathroom.

If he was an above average passer, only slightly above, he could be a star, but he wants to be the center of attention everyday. If he would minimize his running, to when plays breakl down, he would find his recievers.

I agree AND the ONLY reason they beat Indy is because of that playoff saving tackle...if not...they would have been at home watch the Super Bowl he would be a guest commentator.

Ya your right with the officials that tried everything in thieer power to let Indy win that game, example, Polomalo's interception, that was turner over and almost taken away.

Jimbo
Boy this thread got WAY off topic.

He was the reason they beat Denver and Cincinnati.

He got them there, may not of had his best game, but still won.

No he wasn't. Palmer got taken out in the first play of the game. Otherwise they would not have won.

Wahhaaaaaa!!!! :river

You can't seem to win this year either.

Wait a minute.....are you talking about the Bengals? The team that has a BETTER record than the Steelers and a BETTER chance of making the playoffs???!!:eek:

On a sad note....MY team, the suck-a$$ Oakland Faiders....oopppsss Fakers....oooppss.....Raiders might have the inside track on getting the one QB that I really do NOT think is very good.....Brady Quinn.....:eek: :(

Now I KNOW GOD does not like me...!!! :( ;)

As it stands right now they are in the playoffs. Remind me again where the Steelers are at?

I realize the Bengals will probably make the playoffs ....
The :river was because you guy's are STILL crying over something that happened a year ago .......

Bengals MAY get somewhere this year, seeing the Colts can't stop you and me running the ball, that will be thier downfall this year.

Jimbo

Wait a minute.....are you talking about the Bengals? The team that has a BETTER record than the Steelers and a BETTER chance of making the playoffs???!!:eek:

On a sad note....MY team, the suck-a$$ Oakland Faiders....oopppsss Fakers....oooppss.....Raiders might have the inside track on getting the one QB that I really do NOT think is very good.....Brady Quinn.....:eek: :(

Now I KNOW GOD does not like me...!!! :( ;)

But if Troy Smith (back on topic) is soooooooo good, why don't your hapless Raiders take him.

The Cardinals have Matt Leinart and the Lions never draft anyone good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)