True CONUS Locals

Yeah signal really dropped..dunno if their gonna fine peak after the complete transition.
Probably using data feedback from your receivers to minimize the power level while providing solid reception for those in the DMA. They don't have to approximate and go "fat" on signal strength any more since the receivers are reporting exact signal levels back to the mother ship. Not good for those in your fringe area that like your stations.

Some of us are not fortunate to catch our locals hence depend on conus locals. Imagine not having ABC CBS NBC.. now that wouldn't be nice.

It still wastes room, unfortunately. People are calling repeatedly for new HD, but are told that there isn't any bandwidth. I get your plight, but people who live in Dover DE really don't care that people in Biloxi MS need CONUS for their locals, when they are being told that bandwidth on CONUS is keeping them from getting "insert name" HD which is a national channel. I find it to be annoying that other markets around Boston get all nets in HD, where we only get the big 4. The excuse for us is limited room on the spot beam. Well, I still go without while others get theirs. It's still annoying.

And surprising, unless maybe subscribers are much fewer for the Boston area. Right next door we get Seven (7) in HD includes PBS, CW, and MyNetwork. We do get ION and Univision, but in SD. (Maybe slightly off topic but some of us are lucky to be able to also get all or at least three of the OTA channels from Springfield Mass too.)

The irony Tampa is that Boston covers Eastern Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, and Cape Cod. So I truly don't think it's an issue with sub amounts. I think, that they figured that with WENH, WMUR, and WBIN out of NH; WGBH and WGBX as Boston PBS affiliates; WMFP as a must carry station; and WUNI, WTUF, and WNEU as Univision/Telemundo/Uni Mas affiliates; they figured that it's too much to handle for HD. I say, put the Spanish stations, WGBH (not WGBX), WSBK, and WLVI in HD, then the rest can wait. That will serve the one PBS, The CW, MNTV, and the Spanish speaking stations. The rest are one Ion, two PBS repeats, one ABC repeat, and a collection of independent stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)