True Detective on HBO

TV Ratings: 'True Detective' Finale Scores Series High

UPDATED: The anthology closes out its first season as the network's most-watched freshman since "Six Feet Under" in 2001.

Source

The anthology's freshman finale, which brought an end to the story of Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey's 17-year murder case, brought in a series high 3.5 million viewers on Sunday night. That's up 50 percent from the premiere just two months ago.

What's more, the latest gross viewership for the show has an average 11 million viewers tuning in every week. When final DVR and HBO Go views are taken into account, that number stands to grow even more. It already ranks as the most-watched freshman series HBO has had since Six Feet Under in 2001.

Full Story

Looks like I may have to check this out on HBO on demand

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I believe the idea is to have each season be a new case and new actors. So they would get two new top quality people to solve a case completely unrelated to this. Pick two people you'd like to see work together and imagine that for next year.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I like Matt because he does quality work on films that are not big budget, special effects, epics. More movies and shows need to have quality acting and quality screenplays and writers. Offhand, it's going to be hard to find a pair that complimented each other so was as Woody and Matty, but I do like the HBO format. I'll be tuning-in for all eight episodes next season simply because HBO did some a fantastic job this year.

I believe the idea is to have each season be a new case and new actors. So they would get two new top quality people to solve a case completely unrelated to this. Pick two people you'd like to see work together and imagine that for next year.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Okay, is True Detective coming back next year with new actors and a different story...or is is time to delete timers?

Never mind...here is the latest gouge about True Detective returning in 2015.

"Rumor has it that HBO's biggest television crime drama this year, True Detective, will not see the return of its two biggest stars, Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey, in Season 2. Alas, those rumors are quickly turning into facts. However, new rumors are suggesting that Season 2 will feature the likes of Hollywood heavy hitter, Brad Pitt."

Honestly, I don't care who the actors are as long as they are capable of carrying the script. But it is the script that makes or breaks a show. Having a heavy-hitter only takes you so far. (See: The Blacklist as example of great actor, lousy scripts)

Honestly, I don't care who the actors are as long as they are capable of carrying the script. But it is the script that makes or breaks a show. Having a heavy-hitter only takes you so far. (See: The Blacklist as example of great actor, lousy scripts)

I don't think it's possible, but I'm hoping this show can somehow recapture the magic of its first season which, in my opinion, was one of the most outstanding television series in recent history. I don't care about the actors...but the showrunner and writers have to return, at minimum.

‘True Detective’ Now Most Watched HBO Freshman Series Ever

With delayed viewers factored in, the gross audience for HBO‘s buzzy new drama series True Detective starring Matthew McConaughy and Woody Harrelson has risen to 11.9 million viewers per episode, making it the most-watched first-year series in HBO’s history.

deadline.com

Jessica Chastain's Rep on ‘True Detective': ‘She's Not Doing This Project Officially’

An unsourced report from The Nerdist that Chastain had been offered the part made immediate waves Wednesday because of rampant speculation about who might replace Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in the second season of the HBO drama. HBO referred questions to Chastain's rep. Perna didn't respond to our follow-up questions, and didn't answer our fairly straightforward initial one.

thewrap.com

'True Detective' Creator Reveals Season 2 Details

Creator Nic Pizzolatto revealed in a recent interview with radio program To the Best of Our Knowledge that he's "working with three leads" at the moment. True Detective's critically lauded freshman run was a two-hander with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, who are not expected to return.
"The characters are all new, but I’m deeply in love with each of them. We’ve got the entire series broken out with a couple scripts, and we’ll probably start casting in earnest within the coming month," Pizzolatto said.

While the first season was set in the Louisiana bayou, Pizzolatto is moving the show west. "It takes place in California -- not Los Angeles, but one of the much lesser known venues of California. And we're going to try to capture a certain psychosphere ambiance of the place much like we did in season one," he said.
True Detective takes on the anthology format, introducing a self-contained case at the top of each season with a new cast.

hollywoodreporter.com

I finally got around to watching the series. I was very impressed with it, and hope they can come out with something as good with the next season and set of actors.

Colin Farrell in Talks to Join 'True Detective' Season 2

True Detective is circling a new star.

The Hollywood Reporter has heard from multiple sources that Colin Farrell is in talks to join the anthology series' second season. If a deal ultimately comes together, the film star would be part of a season that is believed to be California-based and revolving around three lead characters. HBO declined comment.

The rumblings come some 24 hours after the critically beloved eight-episode anthology series garnered 12 Emmy nominations, including best drama and best drama actor noms for Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. Farrell would bring a similar cache, having spent the past decade-plus lining his résumé with film credits including Seven Psychopaths, Total Recall and Minority Report.

hollywoodreporter.com