true? dish said new remote 21.0 will not work with 722 only with 722k

gb4idie

Original poster
May 22, 2009
california
well i called up all excited about hearing that the new remote will work with the olivia tv's. I called them and she said i have the 722 and she needed to see if it would be compatible with it. she came back and said that it would NOT be. only the 722k

I was wondering is someone here has direct knowledge that it does or does not?

thanks,
josh

I also use 21.0 with my 722, but I believe the CSR was refering to the learning ability of the 21.0. Only the "k" receviers are compatiable with that function.

Thanks guys

Well that is great to hear. cant wait to get it now

Do they charge for the remote or is it comped .. well I'll find out I'm sure.

Thanks for replying.

good news for me

well i called them back and told them that i have it on good authority that will in fact work excluding maybe some feature that is only available with the 722k and the guy i talked to this time seemed to know that and said he was sorry for the bad information that i got from the previous rep and told me that the remote is being sent out free of charge for the miscomunication.

sweet, i'll finally be able to ditch my olivia remote and use just one

thanks again for the info guys

p.s. the last rep i talked to that knew his head from ass was a satguys member.. go figure :)

It is comped with the 722k, all others have to pay for it.

I got a replacement for my 722 free of charge. The 722 remote was a year old and starting to act up so that's the reason I asked for it.

The CSR first told me that it wasn't compatable with my 722, but when I told her it was she checked with her supervisor and then came back and offered it for free. That is the first time in close to 10 years I have asked for anything to be replaced so maybe that had something to do with the cooperation.

BINGO! That's the "incompatibility" issue.

wait, doesnt the learning feature refer to the ability for the remote to be able to learn any other IR remote? now i know i have not been able to make my 722 link up and store my recordings from my 722 to the remote. but my 21.0 remote has learned the codes from my other devices. i actually even use my 21.0 to control my ceiling fan, thermostat, and even the motorized miniblinds that are way up on the high windows in the vaulted ceiling. they all use IR remotes and was able to "learn" the signals from the original remotes. im glad it worked, as i was about to fork out a lotta money for a harmony remote. yeah, the harmony remote is still way cooler though with the macro functions and one touch a/v swapping. but when my remote went out, i asked nicely and they ra'ed a 21.0 to replace my 6.3.

wait, doesnt the learning feature refer to the ability for the remote to be able to learn any other IR remote? now i know i have not been able to make my 722 link up and store my recordings from my 722 to the remote. but my 21.0 remote has learned the codes from my other devices. i actually even use my 21.0 to control my ceiling fan, thermostat, and even the motorized miniblinds that are way up on the high windows in the vaulted ceiling. they all use IR remotes and was able to "learn" the signals from the original remotes. im glad it worked, as i was about to fork out a lotta money for a harmony remote. yeah, the harmony remote is still way cooler though with the macro functions and one touch a/v swapping. but when my remote went out, i asked nicely and they ra'ed a 21.0 to replace my 6.3.

I mis-read the post. I thought he was referring to the save and transfer preferences and timers capability to the remote. Then transfer them back to "K" STB. I think that is what the CSR meant by "incompatible" with non-K STB's.

i dont see why the settings cant be saved some how on dish servers. at least for the dvr receivers that have a broadband connection. if we can go online to control our dvr, ya think it would be possible to have your timers saved to your dishnetwork.com account so you could just import your timers to a new dvr if needed.

i dont see why the settings cant be saved some how on dish servers. at least for the dvr receivers that have a broadband connection. if we can go online to control our dvr, ya think it would be possible to have your timers saved to your dishnetwork.com account so you could just import your timers to a new dvr if needed.

I was just thinking this the other day, does anyone know if dish has this in the works, because I have a 622 and it is starting to act up, and it sure would be nice to be able to backup the settings, timers, etc. via the web interface and then restore them to the replacement 622 if I can get one.

That's another way. Do it through the new sling web interface. All the needed info is already there.

This is the only reason I'd bother with the new remote, and there are so many better ways out there.

A good idea, but I don't think Charlie wants to go there, as in spending more $$$.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)