True fta Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi Guys I think I finally got something I believe I got something on SES 101 managed to get 4 channels.
They were Russin russia today. but they came up as T.V. but all I got was audio?? Here is another question
with my rig 101 dish and viewsat i was getting 0-9 quaility very bouncy on one transponder is my dish to small for my location

or is something else wrong??

Thanks

Johnny-d

You are close...

These audio channels are on 99w not 101w. They are MPEG2 audio transmitted with a h.264 format video image.

The broadcaster chooses to flag those 4 radio services as video. That is the way they scan in. Since you have an older MPEG2 receiver, all you can receive is the compatible audio portion.

Pan the dish a few degrees to the east and you should be able to receive hundreds of compatible channels from 97w

Last edited:
What Size Dish?
I think you are on 99 West, as there is a transponder with some Russian TV and 4 Russian Radio channels.

It takes a lot of time and patients to learn to aim your first Sat - it's a new meaning of "small".

If possible, that the Viewsat and TV to the Dish, and select one of the channels you just found.
Then ever so gently push the Dish to the East, don't even loosen any bolts.
Does the Quality Bar light up?

Thanks guys I wasn't by my notes when I wrote the last post 99 is what I figured I was hitting also.
I will try it push the sat to the east a little when I have it seems like I can get about 75 for signal rate but no quality and when I blind scan nothing (bummer) I also have a older fortec star lifetime ultra do you think that has a better tunner than the viewsat???

J.D.

75 for signal rate
Signal just indicated the connection between your receiver and the LNB - has nothing to do with the signal coming from the Satellite.
Quality is what you will be looking at from now on. However, the Quality meter is Transponder Specific (not satellite) - you need to have an Active (hot) Transponder selected in the receiver AND be properly aimed at the Satellite.

Which Sat do you actually want to hit?

with my Viewsat Ultra, when the dish would pan across the arc, the signal meter would go up and down ~10% and up again when it stopped. I think being near a satellite will make signal go up but it's not very reliable/practical for pointing purposes

Hi All,
First thanks for all the input, I'm trying to hit 97 I moved it to the East a little bit from
99 I'm getting a little Quality on a transpomder at :13390 v s/r 8416 fec 2/3
but no channels. Quality is around 10-12.

"the signal meter would go up and down ~10% and up again when it stopped. I think being near a satellite will make signal go up but it's not very reliable/practical for pointing purposes."

That is what I was thinking, Thanks Conky

johnny-d

13390 is not a valid frequency. The frequencies will be between 11700 and 12200 for FTA channels. Where did this frequency come from? A blind scan? If do, sounds like the LNB LO setting is incorrect.

What is the LO (local oscillation) LNB setting for the 97w satellite?

When it it set correctly, you should be able to receive Signal Quality reading on a 97w preprogrammed transponder frequency 12177.

Last edited:
Hi SatelliteAV,

Thanks here is what I'm using

OCS-DP and LOF to 11250.

It's the only LNB hookup so no switch settings.

progress.gif

Hi SatelliteAV,

Thanks here is what I'm using

OCS-DP and LOF to 11250.

It's the only LNB hookup so no switch settings.

Wrong LO setting. On an OCS-DP LNBF, the horizontal TPs use LO 10750, the vertical TPs use LO 13850.

Set satellite 97w LO to 13850 and use preprogrammed transponder 12177.

Good Luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)