true newbie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
using existing cable

hi, i was wondering if i could use my existing dish network cableling thats installed on the underside of my house,i have terminated my service and figured i could just install my dish and run my rg6 from the dish straight to the existing wiring to save me some time and a little cash,what do you thimk?

ICU,
That should be just fine although legally DN might consider themselves to still be the owners even though it has been abandoned by them [they didn't come and remove it]. Years ago when I installed telephone systems, when we replaced the "telephone company's" system with our system, we used to have to buy the existing cable abandoned by the teleco, but I don't even think they do that anymore. What I think I might do is to pull another new uncut cable into your house using the DN cable if that's feasible. Then you won't have splices or barrel connectors, each one has a potential to leak and cause problems.
ss

Dish doesnt own the cable unless its in a MDU setup (apt complex)....So you can reuse it...just make sure no splitters are in it or the multiswitch (unless you have the right setup)

rg6 coax

when i install my dish will i have to run rg6 coax with the built on ground to my receiver or just the single strand rg6 coax? thanks

you can run straight coax....I do. I have one ground wire from the dish to the grounding point but the rest of the cables are just plain old RG6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)