True South Sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Got another question....

When I plumb the pole I run into a problem. I have it plumb left/right but front/back is giving me a problem.

I can plumb the front, but then the back says its a few degrees off plumb, If I plumb the back, the front is off a few degrees. If I level across the top of the pole both front and back are off by about 1-2 degrees.

What should I do here?

I am using a wall mount, A pole is not an option.

The post MUST be perfectly plumb both left/right and front/back. If the post is not perfectly plumb, the dish will not track the satellite arc. Take your time in this step.... you will not regret getting it right the first time!

The base plate for the mast be mounted level on most wall/roof mounts. If the base plate is not level, the mast will be off left/right. The GEOSATpro 90cm dish has a unique base plate that allows the mast to be leveled in any direction, but most dishes do not have this "EASY LEVEL" option.

Well here are my results to far.

I have peaked on my true south sat again, I can track to the west as far as 79w and then I run into problems.

As I continue to go west I have to increase the elevation. Doing so allowed me to lock in the sats.

I have given it up for today, I have managed to lock in 101w. I have not tracked back to the east yet to see what my final results are. I'm just going to enjoy some tv for now. :)

I have that pic saved, Am I right in assuming that I have the assembly to far east?

I do not have a LOS to any of the eastern sats so I can't test that side of the arc.

When I pointed I reset the motor to 0 degrees, Then told to motor to drive to 63w, Then I went out and peaked the assembly on 63w.

If you are using USALS to drive the Motor to 63 and have a peaked Signal, I'd say you are good.
How much are you increasing the Dish Elevation to get the Western Sats?
You could set the Motor Lat 1 or 2 degrees higher, repeak Dish Elevation, and check western Sats again.

Before I peaked the dish I did turn on gotoXX and told it to go to 63w. I then adjusted the assembly until I peaked on 63w.

I then told the receiver to drive to 74w but it did not lock on the sat. Some manual adjustment got it locked in.

Since I've read that gotoXX does not work well on the DM-500 I decided to just use manual store.

Some manual adjustment got it locked in..
It's that adjustment that tells you the error in alignment.
If USALS is not working well, you should only have to drive manually east or west for peak signal. If you have to change the Dish Elevation for peak signal, you have a Mechanical error - need to change Motor Lat setting or North / South alignment.

Sounds like you are close!

Since you mention motor lat I have another question :)

The book says lat 45 elevation 45, but the scales on the motor do not match, I have set a lat of 45 but the elevation scale reads 48. I assume I am alright as long as I just set the lat and ignore the elevation scale. Is this correct?

Normally: "Yes use the Lat scale and set it to your Lat"
However, with it set at 45, if you are confident of your Azimuth, and you are not tracking the Arc well, you will have to make an adjustment to the Motor and Dish Settings.

Please HELP!

I've got a FC-90 satellite, with a HH90 motor, could someone please tell me what will be the 'true southern" sat to point it at? My zip is 72462, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP....Thank you!:mad:

Thank you Phlawound, but would you Please explain to me where that's at according to 110?Oh, by the way, I'm running a coolsat 5000, an a nfusion nova, and a soliars...

Thank you Phlawound, but would you Please explain to me where that's at according to 110?Oh, by the way, I'm running a coolsat 5000, an a nfusion nova, and a soliars...

Do you mean where 91W is compared to 110W?

If yes, then 91W is 19 degrees east of 110W.

Go to Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com, enter your address, it will show you what direction to point for any satellite visible from your location, as well as azimuth and skew settings.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help guys.

Today I finished up my adjustments and can now track from 71w-123w. 63w is a little weak right now suggesting I still need a little fine tuning but all in all I'm pleased. I can't got past 123w because I did not allow enough height for the motor to turn farther without hitting part of the deck :rolleyes:.

I am also very surprised how well my channel master 75e is performing on this motor. I have plans to invest in a 90cm later, in the mean time the 75e is getting me usable signal strength an each sat I scanned in.

Cheers

are you using diseqc or usals?

I don't thinks usals stores location, at least on my system. you have to enter new coordinates.

also for usals your long./lat. need to be entered as a reference.

I just wanted to say that my Sonicview SV-360 Elite stores USAL positions.
thanks,
Carl

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)