Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
I have my 90cm dish setup for 99 and 105, 99 being the main lnb. I am trying to add 91 to it, but just can't see to get anything. I can hit 93 no problem so it seems 91 would be just a bit more but I can't lock anything, can't even get a sniff of the signal.

So right now, I have my setup on 93,99,105 and everything is great signal wise, actually pretty darn good for the 2 offset LNB's.

Am I just asking too much to go those extra 2 degrees on a 90cm?

I know of folks who have gone 8 degrees off. I did a while back with a GeoSatPro 90cm dish...had 93/97 as "middle" using the Glorystar setup and was able to get 89 & 103 with no issues

I know the Azteca stuff on 93 is very strong signal wise

Attachments

• 000_0424.jpg
    000_0424.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 167
  • 000_0426.jpg
    000_0426.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 174
You should be able to get it on a 90cm, what transponder are you using to aim the LNB? I get 91 4 degrees off-centre on a 60e, and the strongest transponder for me is 11872 V 2500.

Thanks guys for the replies. I am using a few different TP's, I believe 11872 was one of them. What I've been doing is scanning with my motorized dish to verify the TP's, but for the life of me I just can't find the sweet spot. But since you guys don't think 8 degrees is asking too much, I'll keep tweaking the lnb. I was figuring I was good till about 10-12 degrees out before it became a real stretch.

If you are using a spec analyser the Hughes TPs on 11740v & 12140v are well strong. If not it is possible your receiver will not blindscan a TP with an SR as low as 2500

I'm using a old fortec classic na for my dish pointer kit. I'm manually inputting the info to do the alignment. Once in a while I blind scan to see where I'm at though. I haven't been back out to play since my post, but hopefully today I can get out there to try again.

Well, I tried for over an hour, I just can't get 91 on this dish as an offset lnb. I am starting to wonder if the dish is warped a bit and throwing off where the lnb "should" be. I tried to free hand it a bit, but that is only so useful.

Either way, since I have 99/105 on it very strong signals on both, I'm going to leave well enough alone, but now that I have an extra lnb, it begs me to ask...

Where should I put the lnb? Should I leave it at 93? I don't recall there ever being much there feed wise.

I was thinking of putting it on my 80cm dish I have aimed at H2 and grabbing AMC5 at 79w with it instead.

Opinions appreicated.... :)

pedro, yeah, I've had the lnb everywhere that 91 should be and many places 91 shoudn't be, still no signal, that's what's leading me to believe I have a slight warp and it's throwing me off.

I was thinking 79 too iceberg, but wasn't sure about 93 so before I made a move, I wanted to double check.

I was thinking 79 too iceberg, but wasn't sure about 93 so before I made a move, I wanted to double check.

Definitely go with 79, very few feeds on 93 (usually they are Azteca feeds anyways). Of the satellites I get, 79 is almost always in the top two (72 is usually first) when it comes to news feeds.

Took my dish down last night to take a look at it, it's got a slight warp on the left side (standing behind the dish).

Pedro, I had the lnb's sloped it's just that 91 was not coming in in any place where I could reliably mount an lnb or rig up something that I felt would stay accurate. I never actually found 91, but after trying all the locations where I could rig up a bracket, I decided to cut my lost time since I can juse swing the motorized dish over to it. I'll grab 79 and maybe down the road when I get some time, I'll play with a bracket like the magicbraket on ebay and make something up here at work where I have access to more tools. Thank you though for your keen interest in helping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts