trying to get 30w using an hh90

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
i have a 90 cm on an hh90 i am trying to get 30w but i dont know why the motor sends the dish west instead of east when trying to tune 30w

Pre programmed? how does that work? LOL It would have to use the same logic that it uses for USALS and it can't. You need to set the position yourself. Manually drive the motor into position and set a position number for it.

Actually your motor is speced at 65° of travel from 0°. You need to move 67° to acquire 30.0W. At only 10.4° above the horizon you may want to set a fixed dish inverted on that location.

Does it work for the rest of the arc?
After looking at dishpointer I think it's too far east for the motor
Satellite: 30W HISPASAT 1D | HISPASAT 1E | SPAINSAT
Elevation: 10.2°
Azimuth (true): 102.6°
Azimuth (magn.): 98.8°
180- 103= 77 degrees
Like magic said, think it'll only do 65 degrees (azimuth) E or W of south.
A fixed dedicated .75 meter (30 inch) should do fine.

OK I remember the deal. There are some 28 satellite positions already programed (set) in the memory but they are not located. And it's a list you see from Europe so that put's 30W actually to the west. So you have 49 positions available and 28 are assigned. If you enter an unassigned number it won't move anywhere until you set the location.

Reactions: fred555
I used an SG2100 and ran it to the eastern stop with diseqc for picking up 30W. Disconnected the feedline from the motor and left it there. :) Being farther south though you need a bit more travel than what works up here at 49 deg N. A 30-36" dish will do fine as long as you have clear line-of-sight to the satellite. Check FaT Air's post in Ti's contest thread about weather proofing the LNBF..

Satellite: 30W HISPASAT 1D | HISPASAT 1E | SPAINSAT
Azimuth (true): 102.6°
180- 103= 77 degrees
Like magic said, think it'll only do 65 degrees (azimuth) E or W of south.
A fixed dedicated .75 meter (30 inch) should do fine.

jmc98:
Or, if you don't have room for an extra dish and 30W is strong enough, you could also mount an extra LNB on a multifeed bracket on your motorized dish; about 12,4 degrees azimuth further than the centrally positioned LNB, to get around the motor-maximum of 65 degrees.

That way you could receive the 30W at an off-axis LNB-position.

Greetz,
A33

jmc98:
Or, if you don't have room for an extra dish and 30W is strong enough, you could also mount an extra LNB on a multifeed bracket on your motorized dish; about 12,4 degrees azimuth further than the centrally positioned LNB, to get around the motor-maximum of 65 degrees.

That way you could receive the 30W at an off-axis LNB-position.

Greetz,
A33
I am putting up an 8ft dish and actuator so i may have to run the c/just Lynn I have on it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)