trying to get 97W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ephremt

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
usa
Hi every one i am trying to get galaxy 19 which i am getting about 91 signal and Zero quality level. i did run the belind scan and i am getting Pentagon cahnnal it seems iam on 103 west. so should i rotate the dish to the right or left. or up down.
thanks

If you are on 103 you need to move 3 birds to the east to get 97W.....Tell us more about your set-up.

welcome :wave
I broke your post off an old thread

Pentagon is actually at 101W now (no longer on 103) so you are very close
you would need to move the dish east. As to up or down that really depends on where you are located. If your in the middle part of the US you may not even to move the dish up or down. Here in Minnesota the elevation is almost the same so its more of just moving the dish a smidge east. If you are on a coast then the elevation will change

What receiver are you using?

Are you using a motor or is it a fixed dish? either way, you will need to rotate the dish/mount on the pole a little bit east. Check which frequency you are getting Pentagon on, they are on 101W now too. The 103feed will probably end before long.
If you're using a motor and USALS , and calling up g19 puts you on 101 or further west, then you need to loosen the motor bracket on the pole and rotate the dish and motor slightly east. Blind scan then, and see if you get over 200 channels of Tv. With a tiny move east , you may not have to adjust your elevation. Just make sure you are getting both horizontal and vertical channels and check the signal levels of several channel in each polarity.

As I already hit the post button(getting sleepy) I was like wait pentagon is not on 103. I went back to try and edit my post, but kept getting an error...now I see why.

I am not using motor , after i run the blind scan and i got an active channel PENTAGON when i check it on line it is on 103 w. so you i turn the dish to left from behind? to get galaxy 19 aljezira English?

FYI
i am using 0.2 db LNB
viewsat 200 receiver
39 inch dish
my location is zip code 94585

hi everyone i am still working hard on this matter, and i need help should i rotate the dish to the left from behind, sorry iam not that good on directions

Yes from behind it go left a little and drop your elevation slightly.

hi everyone i am still working hard on this matter, and i need help should i rotate the dish to the left from behind, sorry iam not that good on directions
From Pentagon, at your location, you must move your dish to the left approximately 5.2 degrees in azimuth. Not much. That is only between 1/16" and 1/8" to the left on your vertical mast. And you need to move the dish down about 2 degrees lower assuming it was peaked on Pentagon. Again, very little change.

From Pentagon, at your location, you must move your dish to the left approximately 5.2 degrees in azimuth. Not much. That is only between 1/16" and 1/8" to the left on your vertical mast. And you need to move the dish down about 2 degrees lower assuming it was peaked on Pentagon. Again, very little change.
Assuming that the mast diameter is 42 mm, its circumference is 132 mm, therefore for 1 degree rotation the bracket has to move by 0.366 mm or, roughly, 1/64 " related to mast (it is helpful to draw, using fine sharpie marker, a short vertical line on bracket and mast, to register the location of satellite 101 W). When rotating the dish, one usually stands behind the dish, to watch the movement of the bracket, and the line on the bracket should move right in relation to the line on the mast. For 5.2 degrees, it has to move just slightly more than 1/16" or 2 mm. Cheers, polg

hi i am happy at list i can see the channel aljezira English after i run the blind scan, BUT it is poor signal the pic is very poor and stops frequently. can some one please help me what to do.

Congratulations! You are on the satellite!

Now you need to fine tune the dish aiming or adjust the LNBF in the circular mount to peak the Signal Quality reading. Tighten the LNBF clamp.

• Place a small TV next to the dish, go into the menu installation screen and select a transponder that gives a low reading on the Quality meter scale.
  • First, stand to the side of the dish and SLOWLY rotate the LNBF in the clamp. Peak for maximum Quality reading. Slide the LNBF towards and away from the reflector in the clamp to optimize the Quality reading.
  • Before loosening the dish elevation or mast clamps, gently push on the top, bottom, right and left dish edges (careful not to bend the reflector) and view the Quality meter reading to determine what direction the dish needs to be aimed to increase the Quality reading. Slightly loosen the bolts an correct the aiming then tighten while watching the Quality meter reading to make sure that it does not decrease as the bolts are tightened.
  • Once the Quality reading is peaked and the bolts are tightened, perform another Blind Scan. More channels should be scanned with the dish aiming optimized!

Select that transponder (12152Mhz, Horizontal, SR=20000)in the tune up screen (Satellite Alignment[?]) and fine tune the dish Up/down and Left/Right for maximum on the Quality meter. Then fine tune the Skew (Twist) of the LNBF in its holder. Also see if moving it closer or further away from the dish affects the Quality reading. Make a small adjustment, wait a few seconds for the meter to settle before making another. Do not attempt to make two adjustments at once. I.E: only adjust up/down or East/west. Not east and up or down and skew.

i can borrow the supperbuddy 29 signal meter do u think it helps. i am trying what u guys told me the pic tring to come but still the same, should i change the lnb to 0.1 db, i am using 0.2 db now.

It will help if that's the only way to get a Q meter with you at the dish. I don't think changing the LNBF will make a perceivable difference. Could swap them, just to compare your Q readings between the two. If there's a big difference, then I'd call the one with the weak Q bad. Just takes some patience,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)