trying to get 97W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
it seems i am getting better quality on frequency 10906 till 11121 when i did the blind scan, but my goal is frequency 12152Mhz, horizontal. i select this transponder shows me no quality.

sounds like the LNB frequency is off on the menu

I havent worked with a 2000 in years but in the dish setup it should be under SINGLE or STANDARD and LNB Freq (LNB LO) 10750.

lemme try and find any pics...use to have one when they first came out

OK...found the pics
menu
installation (number 3)
automatic channel search
then make sure its set up like so

LNB POWER....on
LNB TYPE......standard
LNB FREQ.....10750
22Khz...off

Iceberg said:
OK...found the pics
menu
installation (number 3)
automatic channel search
then make sure its set up like so

LNB POWER....on
LNB TYPE......standard
LNB FREQ.....10750
22Khz...off

Thanks for your help. Such a great person. I was thinking one of the channels I want to watch have a dollar sign and won't let me open it, is there any tricks to unlock it.

Thanks for your help. Such a great person. I was thinking one of the channels I want to watch have a dollar sign and won't let me open it, is there any tricks to unlock it.

No. $ means that it is scrambled. Other words NOT FTA so short answer is no. Sometimes on a bird on will flag with a $ sign but still be in the clear.

ephrent,

I did not see your post until Ice broke it off and gave it its own position. That's a good deal for you as your question gets the proper attention now. Keep that in mind when you post a new question (create your own post rather than riding along with another thread). If you post a question in another's thread, it will not only appear to be a hijack of that thread, but other members may simply never see your question. If they have already previewed the thread, they won't revisit it and that is bad for you. So always post your own topic unless you have something to add to someone else's discussion to help them.

Brian (as Satellite AV) gave you some great information. You should look back on his post in this thread.

I would like to help you, too. All of us folks here on this site are happy to assist, and we aren't trying to lure you into anything, we just enjoy our hobby and want you to make the most of it as well. If you succeed, we look good and if you become very proficient, you come back and return the favor. So, you see that it is an honorable system.

What I would like you to do is visit the section of this forum regarding FAQ's. I have a post there referencing the setup of a Ku band FTA motorized system. Don't let the "motorized" part of that title scare you off, there is information in the article that applies to fixed point dishes, too.

There is a lot of information to be concerned with when setting up your FTA dish, but if you get all the basics and the foundation settled in your mind, it will be much simpler for you to achieve the results that you desire.

We have all the information you need right here on this forum, some of it may be over here and over there, but it is definitely available to you in one way or another. The most common recommendation for those who are new to FTA is to "READ READ AND READ". You are probably asking... "Read? Read what?" That's where we come in. I have already given you a starter package by directing you to one item. Take hold of at least that much and learn from it. Then, take heed of what other's say and follow their instructions and read what they have to say.

The main point is don't get too anxious. There is plenty of time to get it right. Learn the basics well and apply them as you go along, step by step. You will understand it much better in the long run.

This is a kind of "pep-talk" in a sense, but you will eventually find it to be valuable information. Many folks get in too much of a rush and they burn themselves out too early. FTA is a hobby that demands patience. Allow it that gradual time to grow and develop for you and just remember that we are always here to provide answers.

RADAR

i think my dish is messed up when i run the blind scan it comes CCTV new and cctv 9 documentary which way should i rotate it to get galaxy 97 w to receive aljezira english

hi my friend i think my dish is messed up when i run the blind scan it comes CCTV new and cctv 9 documentary which way should i rotate it to get galaxy 97 w to receive aljezira english? i dont know on what satellite i am now

Yes bump your dish west(right) just a little.

Went back and read again your zip and you may have to go up just a very fine hair. This is assuming you are cross poled on 95. I would go right just a little till you the the transponder you want on 97W as high as you can get it.(quality) Before I worried about elevation though.

I read it wrong at first cyber I thought he said left or right.....that's why I was telling him right....;)

ephremt,

You made a reference to using the SuperBuddy meter earlier on in this thread. That might help you tweak your dish alignment for optimum reception.

You see, the absolute best method to align a dish is to have direct "visual" feedback available to you right at the dish while you are making adjustments. There are two ways to do this.

1] A highly responsive STB and a small portable TV set up at the dish.

2] A good quality satellite meter that allows for selecting the precise satellite and TP that you want to search for.

In either case, you set up the equipment (the sat receiver or the sat meter) to monitor for a signal from one satellite and one TP while you adjust the dish. Stand behind the dish and grasp the perimeter of the dish reflector and gently pull/push on it to aim the dish up/down/left/right. Just a very light touch on the dish and then hold it and evaluate the signal on either the STB/TV or the meter. If you see improvement on the signal, then you remember which direction the dish has to go to achieve that better quality signal and loosen the mounts up just enough so that you can move the dish ever so slightly in that direction, then lock it back down.

It takes a few minutes to optimize this, but it isn't too much trouble. Trying to do so without direct/immediate feedback from the system or the meter is nearly futile. You just cannot do it by tweaking the dish and then running back in the house to see what results you got. That is too much of a pain in the backside.

Consider it like playing one of those video arcade games where you drive a race car. Could you drive the car well if you weren't looking at the video screen during a turn? Or if someone else was watching the screen and telling you when to turn and you were blindfolded? Not so easy. You need that hand to eye and eye to mind connection to get the proper feel of where you are going.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)