Trying to get back into fta!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OzTorres

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Kingsville Tx
I haven't been in the fta game since about 07. I'd really like to get back on it, can any1 please help me out with any tips or suggestions on equipment like what's the best out there right now. I really appreciate any input thank u for ur time.

Welcome back!

If you have the space, definitely consider finding a free local 8-12 foot dish as most HD content is available on C-band. If you are limited to the size of dish that you may install, plan on a 90cm (36") minimum and add a motor so you may watch programming from many KU-band satellites. If your dish needs new LNBFs, PLL (Phase Lock Loop) LNBFs are now available for both C-band and KU-band LNBFs. These lock onto weak and narrow signals very nicely. Check out this example kit: http://www.ebay.com/sch/36"+90cm+satellite+FTA+dish+LNBF

Make sure that you buy a DVBS/S2 receiver to receive the most available channels and HD content. The Amiko mini HD SE is a reliable STB that also adds streaming so you can watch on an Android Tablet or mediabox. Great way to watch 4:2:2 channels without investing in an expensive receiver or PC based tuner. http://www.ebay.com/sch/amiko+mini+hd+se

Let us know what you purchase. Check-in if you have any questions!

You had asked by PM if a Dish Network size dish would be OK. Most Dish Network dishes are too small and would only receive the strongest transponders on select satellites. The circuloar polarity LNBF would need to be retrofitted for a linear type with a customized LNBF holder. It is OK to experiment with these undersized dishes after you have some experience, but modifying and struggling to receive some channels is not a favorable way to get back into FTA!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts