Trying to scan AMC 21 125w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmview

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Barbados
Hey,
I'm new to this stuff but im trying to scan 125w, im using a spitfire elite universal lnbf and my sonicview hd, i also tried my azbox hd. no quality is coming in. can anyone who is using the this sat help on this

thanks in advance

Welcome to SatGuys!

AMC 21 puts a very strong signal in the Caribbean for services like Claro Tv.

But the PBS channels are on the North American beam and are weak in your area.

Try locking in one of the Claro TP even though they are scrambled, say 11740 V 30000 peak up your dish, then try for the weaker PBS at 12106 V 2397.

Hi dmview,
Have you been able to lock and scan in any other satellite such as G19 at 97W?
Also AMC21 will be a bit low on the horizon for you, hope you have a good clear view to the west.
What size dish?

Well I tried to scan it on a channel master 4ft and also a Anderson 8 but for some reason I can't get any of the Caribbean tp to lock.

mmm....remember that 125W is mostly S2 so you will now need a bigger dish than what was needed last year. I now read that you have a 4 ft (should be enough). i have never tried a Universal LNB for 125W as it is not as sensitive and more problematic than a standard ku LNB. Use 12140V when you are trying to lock 125W as that frequency is not yet S2 and easier to find. Is your Unversal ku LNB "linear" or "circular"? Set your frequency to the L.O. stated on your LNB. I do not have much experience on universals, but I suspect that you also have to make sure your 22hz setting is correct on a universal or you will miss the signal.

Last edited:
The only lnb that has a lo of 10750 is a dgl-1189s , ally's only other one I'm seeing is a spitfire elite with has a lo of 9750-10600.

Do you have the name of the exact lnb that I can look for

Montana PBS, OETA Okla 1 & 2, Create, V-Me , PBS World muxes are DVB-S2 , the Sonicview wont see them but the AZ will.

The only lnb that has a lo of 10750 is a dgl-1189s , ally's only other one I'm seeing is a spitfire elite with has a lo of 9750-10600.

Do you have the name of the exact lnb that I can look for

that LNB all you have to do is set it up for Universal (some receievrs say Universal 1)

Welcome to SatGuys!

AMC 21 puts a very strong signal in the Caribbean for services like Claro Tv.

But the PBS channels are on the North American beam and are weak in your area.

Try locking in one of the Claro TP even though they are scrambled, say 11740 V 30000 peak up your dish, then try for the weaker PBS at 12106 V 2397.

This post is your answer. From Barbary Coast, you may have to program the frequency listed for Claro as number 1 transponder for that satellite; and using this map (above) says you can receive that beam that has it. if you do not have a programmable meter for satellite id; use a dish aimer, and hook her and the wife up to the dish for aiming outside (provide them with tools so they can return), and watch the quality bar inside; and tell them to move the dish until you see quality.
:cool:

Just kidding...

Using a satellite dish of the sizes you mentioned means the signal should be easy to find. Because the dish must point so high into the sky from your spot on that map, use a straight pole, and a dish that has good elevation markings. That GPS works, so get your exact location, and enter it into one of these AZ/EL number generators for North America, like one found here; then set the elevation of your dish to the number it gives you; and aim the dish from a perfectly beautifully set straight plumb pole; and aim at the reading it gives you plus or minus compasses magnetic deviation/declination; from behind the dish. Remember, 180 is south; true south a little from that to the west; and the satellite in space farther still to towards the west coast, about 50 degree's (halfway to the horizon) from south and straight up. Also, remember to turn the skew clockwise approx. 15-35 degree's for that satellite, also needs that much twist to register a good signal.

Remember, I do not have your AZ/EL; because I do not have your GPS reading, so the above numbers are only estimated guesses...I just put 11 N and 80 W into the calculator and got these for AMC 21: elevation setting of dish -> 41.1
Azimuth aiming of -> 257 (77 degrees to the west of south)

It is either you get it going, or you need me to vaca in Barbados for you, and aim your dishes; I hear it is nice and warm in the winter there...should have time by December...

Last edited:
I live in Northern Calif. The problem that I had was finding the KU satellite with the strong DBS satallites. I use a old primestar off set dish with new LNBF. once the PBS channels were mapped in I get a good signal on a Sonicview8000. Have a openbox S10 and works same except receives Montana PBS as is H264. I suggest doing blind scans in that area of the sky until fond. Lyngsat is helpful as you can ID channels. Check LYNGSAT.COM to see if the channels are open. Yes I have read past posts on suggestions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts