Trying to setup 1000.2 EA on 61.5 & 72.7

The cables coming out of the lnb both should be carrying both satellites, they will only carry one sat if they are attached to an external switch that turns off the internal switch

What receiver do you have?

VIP dual tuner receivers only need one cable from the switch to the receiver then a separator near the back of the receiver to feed each of the two sat tuners.

I believe Hoppers do need 2 cables from the dish to the node to band stack 3 lnb feeds.

Reactions: mcasdorph
I found 77 and marked that too, so I know to stay between the two marks for azimuth. The receiver is vip722, maybe I'm using wrong TP settings for 72.7, what is the best transponder on 72.7 for peaking?

Edit: I'm quitting on it, getting too dark, since I'm having problems with those augmented reality apps I'm going to break out the old compass and view the 72 through it and see what is going on, the apps where just bouncing around and unreliable, I'm almost positive it's a LOS issue and that sucks so bad if I have to move it again

Last edited:
Yep, sometimes finding that "sweet spot" can be a challenge. :)

dp-2017-01-24_15-43-42-242.jpg

I tried the dishpointer app on my old phone and took a photo, there is a big tree in the background but the satallites are just clear of the tree, according to the image, I am having problems trying to get the photo from Gmail with my phone, I'll share it later when I'm on my laptop. Hopefully it was accurate, wonder if my screw settings are correct, can't remember if it was on 80 or 76, I think the manual called for 76

Here is the screenshot in DishPointer (assuming its accurate), I think it probably is since I was able to hit 77.

I'm pretty sure that when that tree leafs out it will not be an issue, just need to figure out what is up with 72.7, I still didn't get an answer about what TP to use on 72.7, I even sent Dish a email and never got a reply yet.

Attachments

• dp-2017-01-31_10-30-03-592.jpg
    dp-2017-01-31_10-30-03-592.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 250
Here is the screenshot in DishPointer (assuming its accurate), I think it probably is since I was able to hit 77.

I'm pretty sure that when that tree leafs out it will not be an issue, just need to figure out what is up with 72.7, I still didn't get an answer about what TP to use on 72.7, I even sent Dish a email and never got a reply yet.
On my Superbuddy 29 , I use TP 11 because its the lowest.
But my meter defaults to TP14 during start up.

The manual (2013) says 13, dish on Twitter just told me in DM that 15, 17, 19 or 21 will do for 72.7, I'll try again with those

You're not going to believe this, I took the dish completely down and made a temp setup on the ground in a different location with a different mast, barely (and I mean that) got the pipe plum and and slid the dish on it side to side until it was on, didn't even pan and didn't even have it hooked up, I connected the cable and boom both 72.7 & 61.5 both with great signal, that is the strangest thing I have ever witnessed with these stupid dishes.. So I left it like that for a few minutes while I update you all. What this tells me is that the setup is fine, I have the right LNB which I doubted since some sellers on ebay like to sell the wrong lnbs. This also tells me the dishpointer app was wrong also, it was a LOS issue, I'm going to remove the mast where it was on the right end of the roof and put it on the left end, hopefully no LOS issue and it goes back up easier.

Ok, moved the dish on the left side, Thanks for the help you guys gave, I have 72.7 and 61.5 with strong signals, I dont have to fool with it anymore.. I've installed Dish 500's, FTA dishes, WA dishes, first time aiming at the EA's and all in all that stupid LOS was the only issue but it caused me so much sh*t...lol, really if you set the elevation, skew and azimuth you really can't go wrong, but those tree's are a pain sometimes.. Thanks again.

Reactions: pattykay
I'm glad you finally got it sorted out! Your DishpointerPro screen capture isn't lined up with your dish though, so it's hard to say if LOS was the problem or not. It does look like it could be pretty "iffy" though. If nothing else, it looks like that tree might have grown enough in a year or so to be a problem any way, even if you had cleared it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)