Trying to tune in SatMex5 and having trouble...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

OPIE Bear

Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Greetings,
I hope someone can help me with my dilemma...I'm trying to find Satmex5 -- I have a Monterey 100 with an 8ft dish and an edusat authorized GI 410 at one time we were receiving all good til we moved the dish and now we can't locate Satmex 5 to get the Edusat feeds from Mexico. I have all hooked up correctly just can't get the signal to tune in. Anybody have an easy way to find this bird?

first let me :welcome you to the group

your question will receive more response in the c-band section

one time we were receiving all good til we moved the dish

moved the dish as in relocated or as moved with the actuator motor ?

if you just moved the dish and didn't change the elevation or move the motor then you should be able to rotate the dish & mount east or west until the signal comes in. if you need a compass reading for this satellite we will need your location or you can use GeoSatFinder - Satellite Finder Calculator - Satellite AV

if you moved it via the motor then you can set it on the channel your wanting to receive and move the dish with the motor one way or the other until it comes in.

did you move the lnbf during this move?

mod: if we can move this to the c-band section

Thanks for responding...

I got so excited to see there may be an answer, I didn't scroll down to see all the discussion groups...I'll re-post to C-band discussion.

ps. Thank you for the warm welcome and the quick response.

I am showing good signal quality on that transponder with a 10' dish.
Is this a fixed dish or with a motor?

If it is a fixed dish that you have physically moved to a new location, we will need your zip code to give you the azimuth and elevation degree for your dish.
Using an inclinometer or angle finder can fix this.

If it is a motorized dish with some sort of actuator motor and controller for moving the dish to various satellites - let us know what you have.

Thanks for asking...
I have a motorized 8ft Winegard dish using a Monterey 100 to tune and a GI 410 that was authorized to receive Satmex 5 digital Edusat feeds.

ok the monterey 100 controls the actuator motor ( should be two larger wires probably one white & one red & two smaller wires from the motor sensor usually green & orange) and the dsr-410 is receiving the subscription channel ( coax hooked up and if a servo type motor to control the polarity should be three smal wires usually white black and red) . the Edusat channel is received on channel 24 on the dsr-410 correct ?

did you relocate the dish or just move it with the motor ?

EDIT: well forgot that these are digital channels so its probably not 24 maybe more like 100

Last edited:
I would pull the signal meter menu up on the 410 and move the dish east and west until I get a quality reading. When you see the quality meter jump stop there then bump a little east or west to peak the reading.

Save that position in the montery receiver for future use.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)