trying to understand new setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

corvette Lew

Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
I finished integrating a Viewsat2000 with my 4DTV connected to a bud. Upon locating a satellite to view (Galaxy 10R), I did the auto and manual channel search. I get a signal from the sat and the transponders but do not get any channels to view or radio to listen to. Instruction manual is of no help and am lost as to what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions? Also, I have not hooked up a computer for software uploads. Is this a neccessary next step?

If you have setup the 4dtv you will need to call and get the IPG activated, most places do this for free but some want a sub, it is good to get a sub though, they will need you unit ID.

Thanks for the reply. I have had the 4dtv for a few years, however my subsriptions have just recently expired. I got into the fta equipment due to the NASA switchover and am trying to get it back. What is IPG? who do I call? (service provider, 4dtv equipment supplier, viewsat supplier, or someone else) I am a rookie to all the technical jargon but am trying to learn it fast.
Lew

Been there, done that. However, on the splitters, which reciever should the power pass cables go to? Currently, I put the power pass to the 4dtv. This gets me the signal from the sat and I can get some transponders, but no channels.
I recieved a CD to put on my computer to upload info to the viewsat. Is this a neccessary next step? I need to purchase a 50' serial cable before I can do this connection.
Thanks in advance.
Lew

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts