TT S2-3200 BDA driver updated

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbpa

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 5, 2005
For anyone interested, TT released a new BDA driver for the TT S2-3200 on 01/16/09 - version 5.0.1.8. (available from the German language download site)

Generally, the old driver was working well for me. However, I had written a small DisEqc moving program and realized that the BDA driver wasn't honoring some of the ttbdadrvapi calls (ie. DisEqC) when the tuner was set with a symbol rate of 5000 or less. Anything from 5001 or greater and the calls were honored - a very odd problem. Happily, they've fixed this in the new version. I'm glad to see that they continue to make improvements in their drivers.

New PCI DVB Cards

I just placed an order for a Techno Trend S-2 3200 card. According to CyberEstore, it will be sent when they receive their pending shipment.

I am using a Dell Computer with Vista Ultimate. Processor is a
Core 2 duo E6850@ 3 GHz and the video card is a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT w/512 MB memory.
I have been reading various forums and threads about the card I have ordered. However there seems to be several methods of making the thing work. I need to kanow what will be required to make the TT 3200 oowork on my machine.
I visited the German site and saw about nine different downloads available. Some for drivers, and then there was other stuff.
I am sorry if i sound really uneducated about the DBV cards, but I am.
I have been running an Integra 912, a Quali, a Coolsat 8000HD, and a Coship 3188 for blind scan. Also have a Satlook Digital in the inventory which is fairly decent for finding some feeds. Of course it does not recognize 8psk stuff.
I am mostly interested in being able to see certain feeds which are now DVB S-2 8psk 4:2:2
If anyone can start me in the correct direction i would appreciate it.

If ythis is in the wrong forum please let me know....

Last edited:
You will need a software application to go with your technotrend card, one that uses BDA drivers would be best. So, that means DVBviewer and/or ProgDVB . Both have free downloads of their basic versions ( which do NOT support) DVB-S2 , but both are reasonably priced for the Pro versions. DVBViewer, which I prefer of the two, is only about $19 . When you receive your card, you'll also get a CD with drivers on it. Use the BDA drivers/ or better yet, download the latest drivers mentioned in this thread, and use those. Download both the basic versions of ProgDVB and DVBViewer, so you can evaluate them both . Once you're set up and basically functional, come back with more questions. The answers make more sense when you can try them out right away. I'd guess that your pc has enough horsepower for the job. A lot of the fine tuning is deciding upon which codecs are most efficient in your setup.
:)

Thanks, I will go do some reading on those , and when I get going I am sure i will have many questions...

You will need a software application to go with your technotrend card, one that uses BDA drivers would be best. So, that means DVBviewer and/or ProgDVB . Both have free downloads of their basic versions ( which do NOT support) DVB-S2 , but both are reasonably priced for the Pro versions. DVBViewer, which I prefer of the two, is only about $19 . When you receive your card, you'll also get a CD with drivers on it. Use the BDA drivers/ or better yet, download the latest drivers mentioned in this thread, and use those. Download both the basic versions of ProgDVB and DVBViewer, so you can evaluate them both . Once you're set up and basically functional, come back with more questions. The answers make more sense when you can try them out right away. I'd guess that your pc has enough horsepower for the job. A lot of the fine tuning is deciding upon which codecs are most efficient in your setup.
:)

I'm curious re why you say that software that use the BDA drivers would be best? Not arguing, just curious. I've never used BDA drivers. I assumed that they were a more generic command set, which seemed to me that it implies that it might be missing some of the capability of the card, whereas I thought (perhaps wrong) that the WDM drivers were more specific to the card's capability. Am I misunderstanding the difference between WDM and BDA? Just curious.
However perhaps with the 3200, BDA is better because I don't think that TechnoTrend released all the info required for applications to properly use the WDM drivers (I think I assumed this because I once read on their web page that" WDM drivers couldn't be used with 3rd party software"). However Rod has at least got TSREADER working with the WDM drivers so either they released some info or he managed to reverse engineer it. But even though TSREADER works, and works well with the 3200, it doesn't seem to be complete implimentation, as the card seems to do strange things at times.
So anyway, I would add TSREADER to your list of software packages that will work with the 3200. That is ALL I use. I never even installed the program that came with the card, I just loaded the drivers and started using TSREADER with it. For SD 4.2.0 and 4.2.2 and low bitrate HD 4.2.0 I can play on a 1.9 GHz computer with VLC, and for high bitrate HD I stream to a Roku.

The TT 3200 finally got shipped to Cyberestore (only supplier I could find) and I ordered today.

It's my first trek into the PC S-2 card territory and after I install it and and a new video card, I'll be counting on the good advice I'll get from you guys.

Does anyone know if these bda drivers will work with TSREADER?

It would be nice if I could get a set of BDA drivers that works with TSREADER and progdvb. I love thier blindscan app, i just dont like switching out drivers every time I want to use tsreader

its has been mentioned that Rod is working on getting DBA drivers to work with tsreader, but as of yet no BDA support. so cross your fingers and hope for the best :)

I tried the new BDA driver. It seems like a step backwards. I reverted back to the previous version. The new driver takes a lot longer to lock signals for some reason.

But what do those mean?

What does BDA mean?
What does WDM mean?

I think I got the wife talked into getting me a Technotrend for my birthday. I see they are in stock now :)

no idea what the acronyms stand for. they are two different driver types used to interact with the hardware. some apps use one driver protocol, others use the other driver protocol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)