TT S2-3200 BDA driver updated

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry.
Thought this was the place to ask questions about this topic.
I'll use google instead

No need, this is the place to ask. I'm no expert on this subject but have been around the dvb cards for seven or eight years. It seems to me WDM came first, that was all there was, later on, along came Windows media center and Microsoft introduced bda drivers to facilitate usage of dvb-t and dvb-c cards in Media Center. Dvb-s was never included, I've read Microsoft didn't want to get into dvb-s for fear of the signal piracy thing, although I could never figure that out....there is probably cable theft (dvb-c)as well. Anyway, siince dvb-s isn't included, the bda drivers for the cards are vendor specific, and apparently there are very few rules to go by. So, you can imagine how difficult it is for the developers of these dvb softwares to write interfaces for all these different bda drivers, in XP, Vista, and now Windows 7.
I'm sure there is a lot more to this, maybe someone else can add to it.

Viewing Through Venetian Blinds?

I am now using the TT S2-3200 with DVBViewer. I listed my system components in an post in this thread. E6800 processor at 3.0 Gig, 4 gig Ram, and Geforce 8800GT video card etc.

Trying to watch the network S-2 feed at 97 degrees west. I have beeen able to watch but am having problems with fast motion on the screens (both HDTV and Display).

DVBViewer shows the following when looking at the options for Directx: Mpeg2 decoder is FFDshow, Mpeg4 Decoder is AVC. Renderer is Vista (experimental).

When in fast motion, where a normal picture might be blurred, I see sort of a window blind effect. There are definite lines across the picture as if i am looking out a window with the venetion blinds down but open.

When the fast motion (or close-up normal motion) stops the picture is crystal clear again.

Is this a codec problem? Maybe a rendering problem?

The monitor is set to 60fps refresh rate which is the best it the card can do at this resolution. I think the HDTV is given 30 fps. Could this be a problem?

I am thinking of trying different codecs but wanted opinions first. Thanks.....

Yes for sure, try some different codecs, renderers, some don't work well on some systems, you need to experiment to find the best for your system. If you only have the choices you mentioned, download a few and give them a try. Elecard, dscaler, and ffdshow will display 4:2:2, there are probably a few others, but not all are 4:2:2 capable. Nvidia is nice, you have an Nvidia card so you must have a few of those codecs on your machine. The new PowerDVD 8.x has a nice cyberlink codec, you can download a trial copy of that and give it a try. It can do dxva in mpeg 4 streams, but again, neither Nvidia or Cybelink will display a 4:2:2 signal.
I use Radlight filter manager to monitor what codecs are on my machine, you can register/unregister them there.
You can also search for "codec packs" on the internet, most have many codecs but you only need to select the ones you want to try, usually there is also an included un-installer.

I am now using the TT S2-3200 with DVBViewer. I listed my system components in an post in this thread. E6800 processor at 3.0 Gig, 4 gig Ram, and Geforce 8800GT video card etc.

Trying to watch the network S-2 feed at 97 degrees west. I have beeen able to watch but am having problems with fast motion on the screens (both HDTV and Display).

DVBViewer shows the following when looking at the options for Directx: Mpeg2 decoder is FFDshow, Mpeg4 Decoder is AVC. Renderer is Vista (experimental).

When in fast motion, where a normal picture might be blurred, I see sort of a window blind effect. There are definite lines across the picture as if i am looking out a window with the venetion blinds down but open.

When the fast motion (or close-up normal motion) stops the picture is crystal clear again.

Is this a codec problem? Maybe a rendering problem?

The monitor is set to 60fps refresh rate which is the best it the card can do at this resolution. I think the HDTV is given 30 fps. Could this be a problem?

I am thinking of trying different codecs but wanted opinions first. Thanks.....
Open the codec properties and change the deinterlacing method and that problem should go away. 1080i 30fps is interlaced and it needs proper deinterlacing...also since it's at a 30fps rate, double rate deinterlacing needs to be used. I use the BitControl codec for this signal (with Software BOB Double Rate deinterlacing) and it's perfect.

Thanks Starman. I tried DScaler and it fixed the problem immediately.

For ACRadio: Thank you. I have printed your information out and will play with this too. it seems the more i learn, the more i need to learn.

Thanks again and Aloha,

You can also set up 2 different "codec profiles" within DVBViewer. Right click in the middle of the picture and choose OPTIONS...go down to DirectX and click...you will see a Video A tab and a Video B tab. You can then set up 2 different sets of codecs with different selections of MPEG2 and h.264 codecs, even with different audio and renderer settings. To change profiles, right click in the picture and get the menu, then select "Video Output B".

You can also set up 2 different "codec profiles" within DVBViewer. Right click in the middle of the picture and choose OPTIONS...go down to DirectX and click...you will see a Video A tab and a Video B tab. You can then set up 2 different sets of codecs with different selections of MPEG2 and h.264 codecs, even with different audio and renderer settings. To change profiles, right click in the picture and get the menu, then select "Video Output B".

Cool, now I can play with stuff to experiment. I was unsure what the Video "B" was for. Thank you again.

I have followed most of your posts regarding the Tt3200 and DVB Viewer and have gained a lot of knowledge. I sincerely appreciate the information.

I got a question I hope someone can answer for me. The network on Galaxy 28 that is in DVBS-2 8PSK 4:2:2 HD is not viewable for me unless I first record the content and then playback through the recorder. I cant see video or audio after tuning the channel, I have to record it first and then playback. Any know what the problem might be. And of course, how to fix it.

Hello all,

I've been using the TT Budget 3200 together with Vista and Media Portal for nearly a year and all worked great - including HD and CI support for subscriptions. I've just moved to Win 7 and the TT 3200's (both of them) are no longer recognized by Window's. Based on what I've read it appears others had the same problem and moved to the latest TT driver (TT-budget Version 5.0.1.8 (16 Jan 2009) which resolved the problem. To compound my problem further, all links on the TT homepage have been removed - including to the support page... I believe this may be due to the acquisition by Katherin. My emails and calls to TT Support have gone unanswered:mad:

Does anyone know of another site where I can download the needed driver? Or can one of you post it?

Thnx in advance!!

LS..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts