TT S2 -3200 TS reader Driver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have just set up my new TT-s3200 with the latest version of TSReader. I can tune in DVB-S2 channels on G23 and G26 just fine.

With the two S2 Muxes on G5/G14, I'm having no luck at all. Are you using the frequencies and sr as found on Lyngsat?

Lyngsat is wrong. Try 30000.

Since I cannot get TSReader to work with my S2-3200 on my computer, I use DVBDream and DVBStreamExplorer 3 instead.

I hate to bring up this old thread, but have reached a point where I have become dis-satisfied with Transedit and it's analysis of signals.

Transedit sees no difference whether pilot is on or off, or what fec you use especially on S2 signals, it will just scan in and work. That's great if you just want to watch the channel, but I need that information to be able to input it into my Diamond. :)

I see Photoman is using DVBDream and DVBStreamExplorer 3 for his analysis.

The question is, does TSReader/TSReader lite now support the TT S2-3200 BDA driver, or do you still have to download the WDM data driver?

Second question, Does DVBDream and DVBStream Explorer 3 work with the BDA driver, or do you need the WDM data driver for it?

Third question, Does TSReader and/or DVBStreamExplorer give you the FEC, Pilot on, etc, extra information that Transedit does not?

Thanks!!

TSReader still req WDM data driver, doesn't use Pilot, doesn't return real FEC (you could use Auto, or check one by one ).

Thanks for your reply.

If I understand correctly, you could manually set the FEC in TSReader, and by process of elimination come up with the correct FEC by whether the signal comes in or not?

Too bad about the Pilot on or off not being available.

I see Photoman is using DVBDream and DVBStreamExplorer 3 for his analysis.

The question is, does TSReader/TSReader lite now support the TT S2-3200 BDA driver, or do you still have to download the WDM data driver?

Second question, Does DVBDream and DVBStream Explorer 3 work with the BDA driver, or do you need the WDM data driver for it?

Third question, Does TSReader and/or DVBStreamExplorer give you the FEC, Pilot on, etc, extra information that Transedit does not?

Thanks!!

DVBDream and DVBStream Explorer 3 work with BDA drivers.

DVBStreamExplorer does not give FEC or Pilot info.

I don't use DVBDream anymore. I switched to DVBViewer. DVBDream crashed too often.

Thanks for your reply.

If I understand correctly, you could manually set the FEC in TSReader, and by process of elimination come up with the correct FEC by whether the signal comes in or not?

Correct.

What is so important in knowing the pilot status ? TSReader works fine without it.

Correct.

What is so important in knowing the pilot status ? TSReader works fine without it.

Thanks!

When I find an S2 signal, I want to use that information in my Diamond 9000 box, and it is very picky.

If the pilot is not supposed to be on or if it is supposed to be on, the Diamond will pull in no signal. :(

DVBDream and DVBStream Explorer 3 work with BDA drivers.
Good!

DVBStreamExplorer does not give FEC or Pilot info.

That's a shame

I don't use DVBDream anymore. I switched to DVBViewer. DVBDream crashed too often.

Well if that is the case, I might as well continue with Transedit. :(

Photoman, do you know what differences there are between Transedit and DVBStreamExplorer?

Is DVBStreamExplorer a better choice?

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry that I'm a bit late getting into this, but I just noticed the thread, and I noticed that the answers seem to not reflect what I've observed.
Ie when I use my 3200 with TSREADER, I cannot trust the parameters I lock the signal with to use with any other receiver. This includes both frequency, SR and FEC values, and as others have mentioned the pilot on/off info is also not used by the 3200. I have locked signals with the 3200 that are off frequency by more than 20 MHz, and off considerably with respect to SR also. Also, if I re-tune using any of the available FEC values, it still locks, so I can't just try different FEC values and search for the FEC that works, because it works for all FEC values. It just seems to me, that the 3200, with the 2.19 driver (or whatever the number is) tends to search for parameters, so if it doesn't get a lock with the parameters you've given it, it will try other parameters until it can get a lock. So I haven't been able to use it to test parameters to use in other receivers.

Sorry that I'm a bit late getting into this, but I just noticed the thread, and I noticed that the answers seem to not reflect what I've observed.
Ie when I use my 3200 with TSREADER, I cannot trust the parameters I lock the signal with to use with any other receiver. This includes both frequency, SR and FEC values, and as others have mentioned the pilot on/off info is also not used by the 3200. I have locked signals with the 3200 that are off frequency by more than 20 MHz, and off considerably with respect to SR also. Also, if I re-tune using any of the available FEC values, it still locks, so I can't just try different FEC values and search for the FEC that works, because it works for all FEC values. It just seems to me, that the 3200, with the 2.19 driver (or whatever the number is) tends to search for parameters, so if it doesn't get a lock with the parameters you've given it, it will try other parameters until it can get a lock. So I haven't been able to use it to test parameters to use in other receivers.

Thank you for that information.

Some day we'll have a program/card combo that will be accurate enough to give us those kinds of parameters and will be quite useful.

Thank you for that information.

Some day we'll have a program/card combo that will be accurate enough to give us those kinds of parameters and will be quite useful.

Just to make sure it's clear, the problems I mentioned are only with the 3200. I use TSREADER with other cards, and you can trust the parameters. Never saw parameters that would lock with TSREADER that wouldn't lock on other receivers. I was hoping that the same would be true for the 3200, but it isn't.
Hopefully at some point, TT might come out with new drivers, and then maybe the 3200 will work better.

I think this is likely a function of the drivers and/or hardware. The FEC rate and pilot information is apparently automatically determined with the TT3200. To be honest the technotrend DVB-S2 tuners are not the best DVB-S2 devices in my personal opinion. Not because of this reason, as I can simply determine these values using my Pansat 9000, but because of the issues they seem to have. The TT3600 has a known serious issue with regard to high data rate signals that makes it unusable on high symbol rate 8psk signals and both the TT3600 and TT3200 seem to be quite deaf in generally on 8psk signals meaning they seem to require a much better quality signal than most other DVB-S2 devices to be able to get an error free signal. The DVBworld usb product seems to be a much better product. The only downside is TSreader doesn't yet support it and the software it come with leaves a bit to be desired.

we fight that issue alot in this hobby eh, great hardware, not the software we want. great software, not the hardware we want.

There are many aspects and variations !

Just to make sure it's clear, the problems I mentioned are only with the 3200. I use TSREADER with other cards, and you can trust the parameters. Never saw parameters that would lock with TSREADER that wouldn't lock on other receivers. I was hoping that the same would be true for the 3200, but it isn't.
Hopefully at some point, TT might come out with new drivers, and then maybe the 3200 will work better.

As I posted above your post it was happened with other two cards also.
There are many other parameters beside "TSReader" and "TT-3200" words - like TSReader version, TT-3200 driver version, OS, etc.
For correct discussion of the problem you should be focused on many things, perhaps IT skills required.

To be honest the technotrend DVB-S2 tuners are not the best DVB-S2 devices in my personal opinion. Not because of this reason, as I can simply determine these values using my Pansat 9000, but because of the issues they seem to have.

The TT 3200 is a completely different aminal when using the BDA drivers with software other that TSR...like night and day....

Would you mind elaborating a little?

I know I would appreciate hearing more from you. :)

The biggest complaint I have heard with the TT 3200 is with it's tuner sensitivity. I used TSReader when I first got the card and I just accepted that the tuner was rather deaf. There were some S2 signals that I couldn't lock, but the ones that were important to me were OK. I installed the BDA driver so I could experiment with Transedit...I wanted to see if it would be a worthy replacement for the stream reading ability of TSR. I was getting aggravated with the h.264 support of VLC, which it and Media Player Classic were the 2 choices for h.264 viewing with TSR. Transedit appeared to be able to do what I wanted, so I purchased DVBViewer and CoreAVC.

The data driver (WDM) is necessary to be used with TSR since it (as of yet) has no support for the BDA driver. Most data signals are strong so tweaking the WDM driver to optimal performance probably wasn't thought of as necessary, so the data driver is of 2007 vintage. The BDA driver has been worked on and has had a few revisions. Using the BDA driver I haven't seen but one S2 signal I couldn't lock with a 10 foot dish. And on DVB-S signals I have seen a couple of cases with padded transponders that the 3200 locked a signal that the Traxis 3500 couldn't touch.

Using the BDA driver the TT 3200 is like a different card. Lots of people using this card require TSR support so they're reporting their results using the WDM driver. If more people were reporting results using the BDA driver then the concensus may not be as bleak sounding...I like the card...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)