TT3200 issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Cloud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2008
After a lot of fits and starts, I have finally gotten my Home Theater PC with tt32oo to show some stations. I note a few things and am wondering if the other Guys out there have been experiencing the same thing.

There are so many settings associated with blind scan function, it is like the program is trying to frustrate you out of it.

The tuner appears not as sensitive my Sonicview HD receiver. (flickers at a signal level that the Sonicview holds steady)

It might be cool to have all the settings and codecs and renderers that people use to bring in stations. Granted, it's a lot, but that would help.

The picture on SD stations comes in darker than the video from my Sonicview.

I just don't get that I can't get any S-2 station with it. I have a Birvdview solid dish. Nada. Nothing S-2 off of 105w or 99w.

So these are just some issues. I raised them just to see how you guys respond.

Thanks all

"The picture on SD stations comes in darker than the video from my Sonicview.
"
That is definitely your video card, and it's associated settings.

"I just don't get that I can't get any S-2 station with it. I have a Birvdview solid dish. Nada. Nothing S-2 off of 105w or 99w. "

They ONLY time that I've gotten DVB-S2 on mine, is when I used my CS8000 to aim the dish and lock the signal. DBV-S2 is very "aim intensive" and unforgiving . I've never been able to use my Merc II to optimize a bird, and get S-2 tuned on my slaved TT-3200 .

:(

The picture on SD stations comes in darker than the video from my Sonicview. /QUOTE]

Right click anywhere on in the picture and select display, select the brightness, saturation, contrast menu and increase the brightness, or just select default, there is a "darkness" bug in some versions of Dvbviewer, I know there is in the beta I'm using for sure.
Its strange you are not noticing this on HD signals though?

Thanks.

and just so I know it isn't codecs or renderers or some other thing, , like for the S-2 signals on 105 w, what codecs and renderers are any of you guys successfully using?

Thanks again

Generally, I use the Nvidea Purevideo codecs for SD video and audio, unless It's 4:2:2, then I use Elecard. I use the CoreAVC codec for h.264 streams. I try to use VMR9 for a renderer, as a standard.
:)

I don't remember if you are using DVBViewer...if you are then there is a quick fix for the dark pic...

Right click in the center of the picture to bring up the context menu...choose ZOOM...the center tab will be Brighness, Saturation, Contrast. Click it and then click on the default button...the brightness will go up just a bit to liven up the pic. If it isn't enough then move the slider with the mouse to the desired setting.

I have a bunch of codecs. I use Overlay Mixer as the renderer...CoreAVC as the h.264 codec with DivX as a backup on Video B...Elecard, BitControl, FFDShow, and Etymonix for video codecs (all will do 4:2:2) with Sonic Cinemaster as a backup 4:2:0 codec.

I just don't get that I can't get any S-2 station with it. I have a Birvdview solid dish. Nada. Nothing S-2 off of 105w or 99w.

Thanks all

It sounds like your Birdview is not aligned as well as it should be. I have a Birdview and also use a TT3200 and I get S-2 stations on these satellites.

Well, I admit it. After three months at this, I finally made some progress last night.

I thought I was so cool to be able to build my own Home Theater Computer, but got dragged down to Earth and lower with all of the issues I encountered.

I'm slower than most on this, but last night, affer 3 months, I got three S-2 stations on 99 west - the Fox HDs and Speed (although not NatGeo)

Some flickering. but there.

Time for a beer, maybe even in a frosted mug!

Thanks to all, especially to Starman who helped a lot

Status
Please reply by conversation.