Tune Select

Kurto2021

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Any chance that tune select will be implemented on a later version. I'd like it if it would change channels and record what is playing from your grab list on any channel.

Using the scheduler for scheduled events, it does indeed change channels. However, there a technical reasons that prevent changing the station to record when it see a GRAB item appear on another channel.

FYI, this has been discussed in quite some length on these forums before. I haven't searched to see if those threads are still active, if I find it I will let you know for futher details.

Summarily, the 'now playing' information that you are viewing on the channel listing are not in actuallity reflected in true real time. Because of technical limitations of the receivers, each channel must be updated individually and we accomplish this by basically running down the entire channel listing and requesting the most current information for that station.

That process (which currently is as fast as we can get it) therefore leads to being 'behind' the son sometimes by as much as 15 seconds. By the time the system would see that chance and therefore change channels and start recording, you would likely have lost a chunk at the beginning of the track.

To help address this issue, we are in the process of developing some tools that you can use to determine where to find your favorite songs, artists, albums, etc. We are in the process of building a database and the intelligence piece to analyze almost a million pieces of data about what radio and satellite stations are playing, when and where.

The software will then be able to know to change the channel to certain stations where there is the highest liklihood to caputre as many items on your grab list as possible and then moving along to the next best station.

These features will need access to the database and intelligence on our servers so an internet connection will be required to use this feature.

I don't have a timeline for roll-out yet. We have been working on it for more than 8 months now so I am hoping that it gets done sometime soon. (we will be once again looking for beta testers at that time). Our website will have lots of information and we'll post something here in the forums.

Thanks,

D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)