jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
I've never seen this before - I thought the Hopper 3 had 16 individual
Conflicts.jpg
tuners. I'm on software 339 (tried 4 times to upgrade to 341 but, whatever).

I tried a pull-plug-from-wall reset (30 seconds) but it booted up to the same. What may be part of the issue is "Dateline NBC" is listed 3 times, yet I checked and there's only one time set for it. "Fire Country" was also listed as a conflict so I deleted and created a new timer - that fixed it.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Conflict Resolution.jpg
    Conflict Resolution.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Status.jpg
    Status.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 100
I've never seen this before - I thought the Hopper 3 had 16 individualView attachment 162126 tuners. I'm on software 339 (tried 4 times to upgrade to 341 but, whatever).

I tried a pull-plug-from-wall reset (30 seconds) but it booted up to the same. What may be part of the issue is "Dateline NBC" is listed 3 times, yet I checked and there's only one time set for it. "Fire Country" was also listed as a conflict so I deleted and created a new timer - that fixed it.

Any ideas?
You are correct in that the H3 has 16 individual tuners, however these are satellite broadcast tuners. The Dish OTA adapter only provides two tuners (some models even just one). Based on the first picture, the conflict seems to have happened on OTA channel 7, and I’m guessing the dateline timer was also on your OTA version of NBC. If every other conflict was also on OTA channels then the problem is quite simple, you exeded the two tuner capacity of the OTA adapter. It seems you are using the OTA adapter because KIRO is currently off of Dish, if that’s the only channel you can’t get over satellite then the solution would be to change all of your timers for the other locals to their satellite equivalents.

Ok, duh!. Thanks for all the replies. OTA channels - right there in front of my eyes. I forgot we've been so many months into a dispute with KIRO Seattle (CBS) that I took the Dish channel off the guide and replaced it with the OTA version. That would explain it all. I don't use Prime Time, but we do record a lot of big 3 network shows.

My question is do you have your timers either starting 5 minutes before a show starts or to end 5 minutes late, it will cause you conflicts then? I had my timers set at start on time and end 1 minute late. Then the hopper will choose to end the show on time if there is too many other shows recording at the same time. Personally I never found a reason to ever record 16 shows at a time, so I didn't have conflicts with the Hopper3. But I did have conflicts using Hopper 2 with only 3 tuners + 2 ota . That is why I learned to change my timers to cut out conflicts.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My timers are set to 2 minutes before and 3 after. I think the another reason for my problem (other than missing the obvious OTA indication) was that the timers in conflict were set to "Seek", so they were often subject to dual recording attempts by duplicate OTA stations I left out of my favorite channels list.

My timers are set to 2 minutes before and 3 after. I think the another reason for my problem (other than missing the obvious OTA indication) was that the timers in conflict were set to "Seek", so they were often subject to dual recording attempts by duplicate OTA stations I left out of my favorite channels list.
So that is your problem. Change that and maybe you won't have as many conflicts any longer.