Tuning in to the right FM station for my Sirius radio to work correctly.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vpnj

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Bought the Sirius unit on Saturday and I still am having trouble finding the right station that works well with the unit. I live in the NJ/NY metro area and I tried to use one of the big stations like 95.5 or 100.3, stations I don't listen to. But the signal could not overtake the station's frequency. Please help. I had it professionally installed and the antenna is on the roof of my truck. I have a signal but if I listen to a non-music station, I hear a faint static noise that is annoying. Please help with some FM station that work well for you guys or is there something else wrong? Please help, thanks.

Did you receive an FM out antenna booster with your radio? Which Sirius did you get? You need to find the frequency that has the weakest FM signal and use that for your FM mod frequency.

Post your problem on this thread and someone that lives near you may help.

Sirius Help Desk

With the sirius unit OFF, try all the frequencies on the dial and select the one with the least noise/fuzz/whistles. Then set the sirius unit to that frequency.

If it drives you batty still, you're going to have to sink more $$ into it and get a headunit with aux in, or a wired FM modulator.

I ordered an FM switch directly from Audiovox for $20. It switches out the external antenna when the Sirius radio is on. No static. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts