Tuning your dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was surprised how very stable the dish was, for the guy to be jumping around on it. Must just be a prop.

Of all the setups I can only think of one that all three adjustment were set and a check for signal and it came in max! All other times after setting, a tap, bump, wiggle, (bad word), jerk, poke, and then signal! A little tweak and crank down the bolts. A friend of mine watching one time stated with all that precision required he would never make the attempt to set up a farm.

Got a chuckle when I watched that the other nite too! Think it was on Movies or one of those channels.
Some of my dishes are getting adjusted today.. by 60mph winds. Power outages etc. Just hoping I don't have a tree land on any of them!

Everything still operational. And we've had some 'howlers' this AM. Easily above 96.56 100 KPH. Just heard of a +68mph gust recorded.

I'm just glad it isn't 10 deg cooler... Would be quite the blizzard!
Not a good day for antenna/tower work!
Everything still operational here too (so far) except 30w due to all the water in the air. Looks like just over 1/2" rain here so far, but most of it likely blew over the rain gauge. Have to work on an FM array at one of the local radio stations tomorrow, hope the wind dies down!!

Reactions: FaT Air
only victims, that I know of, here so far
DCP_4494.JPG DCP_4497.JPG
But both were previously weakened by other defects.

WIll have to adjust my 30W antenna just a bit, still getting the Cubavision TP at about 50%, should be 75% or better. It's up on the roof so it's more exposed than the rest. Other TPs are broken up pretty bad. Otherwise the dish farm did fairly well, thanks in no small part by the trees sheltering from the NW. A few dead trees fell or broke off in the yard but not a big deal. They needed to be cut down anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)