Turbo HD gold customers get hosed!!

I agree with those saying that this is probably a dispute between Dish and the networks. My guess is that the networks want more money to have certain channels included in the HD only packs and Dish does not agree with the price. One thing we know about Dish, they will do damn near anything to "win" programming disputes. I'm sure in this case Dish is saying, "fine, we won't include channel X in our HD only packages."

The problem with this method, IMHO, is that Dish ends up losing more $$ through lost customers by being stubborn than if they were to just meet the networks somewhere in the middle.

I mean, if you're going to have HD only packages then give subs all of the HD channels. It's like having a "sports only" package and not giving subs all of the sports channels.

Oh well, T.I.D.

[snip]I mean, if you're going to have HD only packages then give subs all of the HD channels. It's like having a "sports only" package and not giving subs all of the sports channels.

Oh well, T.I.D.

Oh, like how when you subscribe to the multi-sport package, you don't get NFL network at all, or the HD version of the NBA and NHL channels?...

Oh, like how when you subscribe to the multi-sport package, you don't get NFL network at all, or the HD version of the NBA and NHL channels?...

IMHO an add on package and a blanket programming package are two different things but I see what you're saying.

This was also brought up on the other site. Apparently Viacom can stipulate in their contract that certain SD Channels must be included in the bundle.
They ought to give the SD versions then. HD only subs probably won't harldy watch them anyway. Too small or stretched on the TV.

Why would Dish Network even offers the TurboHD packages if they don't mirror their Classic counterparts:

TurboHD Bronze = Classic Bronze - SD
TurboHD Silver = Classic Silver - SD
TurboHD Gold = Classic Gold - SD

Likewise, as others have pointed out...it was mentioned, said, aserted, suggested, and alluded to by Dish Nework that the Absolute pak channel lineup was being "frozen" and that customers would need to subscribe to the TurboHD pak in order to receive all future HD additions.

Like Gary mentioned, a Class Action lawsuit means nothing to EchoStar since they live, eat, and breath in the courtroom. The only thing they understand is members terminating their account. However, perhaps a little negative press can go a long way toward correcting this problem. Personally, I think Dish Network subscribers need a National Day of Protest to let Mr. Ergen know how upset y'all are with the TurboHD package and politics...and SatelliteGuys is the place to meet, organize and launch an offense:

- Protest Thread
- Protest Letter
- Email campaign (ceo@echostar.com)
- Chat campaign (dishnetwork.com)
- Phone in campaign (888-884-2741)
- Media Relations (Multichannel News, EngadgetHD, TVPredictions.com, Satellite Business News, etc.)

To be honest, much of the ground work has already laid...just need someone to organize the effort and take it to the next level. Just my 2 cents!

Yes... a million subscriber march on Englewood, CO. We are couch potato's just like the absolute subscribers, we demand our equal rights. I want my MTV HD!

After my escapade with the CSR the other day I sent an email and got a response just in case anyone's interested.

Dear Mr. Fisher, Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

We strive to make satellite programming as affordable as possible. Our packages have been set up in balance with cost effectiveness and consumer demand. However, we can assure you that we are looking into adding the newly acquired HD channels to our TurboHD programming packages sooner to make viewers like you happy. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email with the phone number listed on your account and your account number.

Sincerely,
Maja J.

TID:OR-Chrysler
DISH Network eCare

Nothing outstanding but at least they had they had it in them to write back.

Don't get too excited, it's basically just a form letter with a couple pasted-in details that was probably put together by someone in India making 90 cents a day. I've emailed Dish Network several times (first when the debacle started with just the two Fox HD channels then with last week's new debacle) and I've never received anything but this form letter reply.

Lol! lol! lol!!!! Any lawyer who filed a lawsuit over this would most likely be met by hefty sanctions from the court.

Read your service agreement.

Well, they didn't laugh out the lawsuit that awarded an 81-year-old woman from Albuquerque, N.M. $2.9 million back in 1994 because the hot coffee she spilled on herself was...well...too HOT!

I figure the fact that DISH practiced some false, or at the very least, mis-leading marketing/sales tactics that duped MANY consumers into signing up for service...that might be fairly solid grounds for some kind of legal challenge.

Well, they didn't laugh out the lawsuit that awarded an 81-year-old woman from Albuquerque, N.M. $2.9 million back in 1994 because the hot coffee she spilled on herself was...well...too HOT!

That was actually a very legit case, and the final damages were undisclosed (much less than $2.9 million). I really hate it when people refer to that case as a frivolous lawsuit, because it was anything but.

I gave up. I switched when the price increased from the 250 DDA with Gold HD to the TurboHD Gold to save some money. I thought surely I would get new HD that was in the Gold HD package. Now I realize the TurboHD packages are basically second class packages and switched back to the Classic 250 with Gold HD. Now I am getting all of the HD and figure I will also get any new ones in the future. I am spending more a month but at least now I can quit getting all worked up about this. have around 15 months left on contract so hopefully this will work. Can't afford to D*switch now. At some point you just have to realize Dish is what it is. They are not going to change and the do NOT care about the customer.

Has anyone written or called Viacom and asked about why some Dish Network subs can't get one of the channels that wasn't added to to TurboSilver or TurboGold? i'm curious what they think of the situation. I have Classic250 with Gold HD so i recieve all the channels, but i still believe it is the wrong thing for Dish to be doing.

does anybody have an idea of what percentage of accounts either have a Turbo package or HD add on pack? if it is less than half or even lower, it seems like dish could offer HD service to all subscribers and do away with the $10 HD pack and just tie the cost into the package price. i think it would be a benifit to them if they did something like that to gain new customers. a competitive edge against D* or cable/telco providers.

Seriously! Really kind of regretting signing up for TurboHD at this point; glad I'm only stuck with Bronze.
Me too! Unless E* sees the error in their ways and corrects this issue soon (which is very doubtful from what I heard) then I will be going back to D* when my commitment is up.

Hosed again today... Time to downgrade to a SD package to pick up more HD channels. What is the best method to change my package, by the Dish website or by phone?

I am seriously having violent thoughts about this. They keep bending me over, but I have no recourse because of this stupid contract. If I need a standard package to see all of the HD channels (oxymoron anyone?), then I certainly won't do that with E*.

All they have to do is give me, the HD only subscriber, the damn HD channels...

Hosed again today... Time to downgrade to a SD package to pick up more HD channels. What is the best method to change my package, by the Dish website or by phone?
I think if you try by phone, you may be able to work out a deal if you make a big stink about it.

No Speed, No FX (the channel I was most wanting for 'Rescue Me'), No Nick, No MTV, No VH1, No BET, I have 7 Months left on my contract according to the CSR I just talked to (if she's not wrong there, too) and will consider other options. Since I don't watch sports anymore, DIRECTV probably isn't on the list considering the price. Apple TV or something similar may be. Since THEY have FX programming in HD, and DISH does not. And I am not paying more for a package with SD channels I will never watch.

Wow ... I thought TurboHD would at least get something ...

I switched from TurboHD to Classic back with the Fox News HD fiasco. With these new channel rumors I was thinking of switching back to TurboHD just for the cost savings ... I still might ... but with TurboHD folks getting NOTHING this time around ... I just might call it good for a while.

Really sad ...

Yikes. It does look as though Turbo HD standalones are toast. I know I predicted it earlier in the thread, but I was really hoping I wasn't right. I wanted to switch back when they got things sorted with the missing HD. Another gimmick come and gone.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)