Turbo HD

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
will it work with any good HDTV 480, 720, 1080 ? also where can I find a small one thats kinda cheaper I would just like to get my feet wet into the HDTV field
thanks

also mom and dad have SD dish network so I would like to know would I need a new install or what as they want to keep their SDTV

also mom and dad have SD dish network so I would like to know would I need a new install or what as they want to keep their SDTV

Yes but 480p isn't really HD. Most HD sets will be either 720p or 1080p these days. One dual tuner HD receiver will drive one HDTV and one SDTV. As for where to buy, search the internet, the Sunday ads, your local stores.

whats the diff between 1080i and 1080p will the satellite need to be relocated
this east arc is what im asking about oh and another thing wonder what specials I could get since I also have a dish net account SDTV
sorry for being so dumb

also would I have to get a sdtv package and a turbo hd pack or what would I have to do to get my signals to sdtv
would the turbo HD down convert to sdtv sets ? right now I dont have a HDTV but in the next few months will get one but want to get this package asap incase they try to do away with it
does dish net have to come out to install it or would they let me install the box also what about my older sdtv recievers will they also downconvert those turbo hd channels

Last edited:
look At compusa.com they ad a LG 47 inch for $799 which I am thinkin of gettin for a guestroom. I love LG great HD tv it was also a 1080p set. Right now they have a Vizio 47 inch for $699 1080p which will look awsome on blue ray.

Do you intend to have Dish HD service in the same household as your parents who have Dish SD service? If so, the cheapest way to do this is to add a receiver to their account. There are Dishn' It Up HD upgrades available that are probably the cheapest way to go for you. This can be done by swapping out receivers or adding new receivers. Either way, you'll get everything installed for a fairly modest fee, antennas and all, along with a new 2yr commitment.

The cheapest way to go is to employ a single dual-tuner receiver. This allows two different TVs to control the channel they see independently (as long as one output is SD).

It's OK to have all receivers on one account in one household. It's also OK to have more than one account in one household, but that's more expensive.

If you're sharing one dish antenna, then what you can do is complicated by what your parents are doing. For example, if you want a HD eastern arc setup, you'll have to use a separate 1000.4 dish because all the satellites it points to are mpeg-4. No mpeg-2 service is available thereon, so your parents with SD-only receiver(s) wouldn't get squat.

I am curious why you're talking about Turbo HD, as opposed to plain old HD or HD add-on to an SD package. The Turbo addage refers to packages that have only HD channels. Rumor has it that the TurboHD packages are going away August 1st. So if that's what you truly want, you better MOVE FAST!

so I couldnt get the turbo hd pack and get sdtv signals
I am wanting one of these packs and am willing to get a hdtv reciever from dish to get it
will my dish 500 need to be repointed

so I couldnt get the turbo hd pack and get sdtv signals
I am wanting one of these packs and am willing to get a hdtv reciever from dish to get it
will my dish 500 need to be repointed

The Turbo all-HD packages do not have as many channels as the Classic packages with the HD add-on. You can see what's included in each package at the Dish site under Packages -> English Programming. You will likely need to be installed with a 1000.2 antenna to receive 110, 119, and 129. Programming will come from all three although 110 and 129 contain all of the national HD programming available. In some cases, two antennas are installed depending on where the local channels are located, line of sight, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)