TurboHD, 1000 Plus, 1000.2, 1000.4, etc!

RichManitoba

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
Madison, WI
The more I read and try to compare, the more I get confused! :eek:

Last summer I upgraded to EA, I believe with 1000.4 (whatever that is!) to get satellites 61.5, 72, 77. The dish is branded Dish TurboHD. My readings are 61.5 @60, 72@54, 77@48. By the way, since they put up the new dish as others have written, I get more and longer "rain fade" than before. Snow has not affected reception. I live in Madison, WI.

I have 1 VIP222K and 1 VIP722.

Would you do anything different or better?

The Eastern arc in the Midwest has low signal strength (1000.4 EA dish) then the Western arc (1000.4 WA dish). Those signals you are getting is about maxed. You may want to try Western Arc - all you need is a western arc LNB and swing that dish you have now around. Call your local retailer or dishnetwork and see what they can do for you.

Signal is not lower on EA. They just use a different modulation. So on the signal screens, one looks higher then the other because you're comparing 2 different signal modulations (QPSK and 8PSK)

Signal is not lower on EA. They just use a different modulation. So on the signal screens, one looks higher then the other because you're comparing 2 different signal modulations (QPSK and 8PSK)
If you say so!,, A number of people in Northeast PA, Require a 500+ reflector on their 1000.4 because of Lower signal, then what you call normal.

Premature Rainfade quite common without the modified eastern arc setup.

If you say so!,, A number of people in Northeast PA, Require a 500+ reflector on their 1000.4 because of Lower signal, then what you call normal.

Premature Rainfade quite common without the modified eastern arc setup.

I too use the 1000.5 for EA and I can honestly say I never lost signal once with it. My signal on all 3 birds are low 50s to high 60s. All I was trying to say was it uses different modulation. Look at 129 on WA, it's generally in the 40s to 60s on its transponders because it uses the same modulation as EA. While on WA's 119 and 110 are in the 60s to low 90s. Doesn't mean those 2 are better, just different signal transmission methods. Eventually 110 and 119 will use the same mod as EA and 129.

I too use the 1000.5 for EA and I can honestly say I never lost signal once with it. My signal on all 3 birds are low 50s to high 60s. All I was trying to say was it uses different modulation. Look at 129 on WA, it's generally in the 40s to 60s on its transponders because it uses the same modulation as EA. While on WA's 119 and 110 are in the 60s to low 90s. Doesn't mean those 2 are better, just different signal transmission methods. Eventually 110 and 119 will use the same mod as EA and 129.

I doubt they'll change WA to 8PSK because they would have to replace all non-Vip receivers. If we're still doing installs with 625s and 322s, that's never a possibility, especially due to Flex accounts

The more I read and try to compare, the more I get confused! :eek:

Last summer I upgraded to EA, I believe with 1000.4 (whatever that is!) to get satellites 61.5, 72, 77. The dish is branded Dish TurboHD. My readings are 61.5 @60, 72@54, 77@48. By the way, since they put up the new dish as others have written, I get more and longer "rain fade" than before. Snow has not affected reception. I live in Madison, WI.

I have 1 VIP222K and 1 VIP722.

Would you do anything different or better?

Be aware that the Madison locals in HD are only on eastern arc (61.5?) at this point. I have the western arc and only get them in SD. I have been thinking about going EA because of this but with an outside antenna I've been ok. Sorry to read that you're not happy with the set-up.

ckhalil18 said:
311, 322, 512, and 625 support 8PSK coding. Any other model that's older than that is being phased out because it only uses QPSK coding.

Exactly. Dish is replacing all legacy rcvrs with 311s and 501/508/510s with 512s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts