TurboHD customers get the final thrust from Dish

madailey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
SC
As everyone knows, TurboHD customer have really been gettingh "you know whated" by Dish for many months now. It now does appear that we TurboHD customers have no been completely left out in the cold after being baited in by Dish.

It appears that any change in programming package by a TurboHD customer would be an exit with no return back to a TurboHD package. Its had been such a pleasure getting screwed by Dish through all this.

Having to "stick with my current package" in its current state with no upgrades in programming should not be an option to TurboHD customers. Our cost went up by almost 1/3 earlier this year, a ridiculous up charge with no reall added programming in comparison to other packages. I, as I'm sure many, came to Dish because of the whole premise of the TurboHD packages with the 100% HD programming with the insinuation that future HD programming would be added to the TurboHD packages.

Any ever since these Stand Alone HD pack became available, everyone who subscribes to then did nothing but piss and moan about them.
Now your all pissing and moaning about them being dropped.
Thank God they are GONE!
BYE BYE Turbo Packs.

Hemi, the customers weren't the ones who created the packs buddy. I was posting the current info for the forum, not just you. I've seen you complain plenty on here about Dish so don't point fingers at the TurboHD subs.

Hemi, the customers weren't the ones who created the packs buddy. I was posting the current info for the forum, not just you. I've seen you complain plenty on here about Dish so don't point fingers at the TurboHD subs.
Your Right, But don't subscribe to a package if your going to do nothing but complain about it. Its obvious Turbo packs didn't carry the channels you guys want, So why subscribe?
And your right, I do complain about some things E* does, But I also don't subscribe to programming packages that don't have what I want and then complain about it., Like its E* fault that you only want to spend $29-49 for HD programming and expect 140 HD channels. You should just be happy with what you guys had, Who else had any HD only packs?

I don't fall for the "Baited In" BS line either, Because I research and Read Fine print, I also look at channel lists , and know better then to listen to anything a E*,D* or Verizon CSR claims. If they don't have what I want right then and there, I look else where. I'm not going to buy something because E* claims in a 2 months they will have it.

See how far your $29-$49 per month gets you over at Directv, Fios, Uverse or Cable for HD programming.

Last edited:
Hemi, your above post should be a STICKY.:up:up:up:up:up:up

I have no intention of dropping my Turbo pack. I am not paying $20 more a month so I can get Versus.

I think for so many thats why these packages are a great deal for the price, as long as people were ready to deal with not getting all the channels. The Turbo package would have been a nice deal for me, but as a father of two young ones the SD kids channels come in handy. Cant beat the price of the Turbo channels in todays pay tv market!

For what it's worth, TurboHD Bronze, at $29.99 per month, still meets the minimum programming requirement in the new, August 1, 2009 "sample" Dish Home Advantage Promotion Agreement.

I don't understand what the complaint is? They have consolidated to the three HD add-on packages and are adding what was the Platinum HD to all for free. AND supposedly, we the subscribers, do not have to do anything for the Plat HD to be added to our programming. Or so this is what the final word as of late yesterday posted by not only myself, but many.

Other than a "rant", a complete explanation of why you are ranting would be nice.

I have gotten a raw deal from DISH once or twice, but in the long run whether asked for or just on their own, I have been treated nicely compared to the horror stories that I have heard about DirecTV and Comcast.

If I am missing something, and I think that is the problem with this thread, please tell me. Matter of fact please tell me why this thread is here?

Thank you. . .
. . . sf

Glad I got in when I did. They can never add another channel to Turbo Bronze and as long as I can keep my price, I'll be a happy camper. Only wish I'd been hip to Absolute HD when it was around.

I always figured the price of Turbo packs would slowly creep up towards the traditional package price. This is even better. They already added Comedy Central, which was the only channel I was bummed to lose when I signed up for Turbo Bronze. And, yeah, they bumped my price... but, I'm still way ahead of where I was with cable.

If the price keeps jumping, guess I'll stick around until it makes sense to jump to "Classic" Bronze + Bronze HD. Or until they get so expensive it makes cable comparable.

They have simplified their packages. It looks like they would have like to have the all HD packages, but they pretty much said that the content providers did not like them (i.e. they wanted force carriage of all their standard definition channels that did not have have an HD channel yet in the package to get the extra money).

TurboHD is yet another example of a package falling victim to programmer demands and sails away into the sunset.

The non turboHD HD customers probably see a price cut if they had Platinum or now get Platinum channels for free.

I suppose they will probably clean up the mess again in February when they do their price changes for next year. Maybe then the Plat package will come back and the basic HD will be included in the standard package. Then people will probably have to call in to cancel the Platinum pack again! :eek:

I don't understand what the complaint is? They have consolidated to the three HD add-on packages and are adding what was the Platinum HD to all for free. AND supposedly, we the subscribers, do not have to do anything for the Plat HD to be added to our programming. Or so this is what the final word as of late yesterday posted by not only myself, but many.

Other than a "rant", a complete explanation of why you are ranting would be nice.

I have gotten a raw deal from DISH once or twice, but in the long run whether asked for or just on their own, I have been treated nicely compared to the horror stories that I have heard about DirecTV and Comcast.

If I am missing something, and I think that is the problem with this thread, please tell me. Matter of fact please tell me why this thread is here?

Thank you. . .
. . . sf

From Multichannel News:

however I have been told by Dish Network’s Kathy Gonzalez that the Platinum HD package will remain an actual package for those HD customers currently subscribed to the package and the $10 a month charge will remain on customers bills. The only people who will get the Platinum HD package included with the regular HD package are those customers who are new customers or existing Dish Network customers who have never subscribed to HD programming before.

Confused yet? Yeah me too.

Farewell Echostar 5 - The Satellite Dish | Blog on Multichannel News

This ought to be interesting if this turns out to be the case.

I switched from Directv to Dish because of the TurboHD packages but once the new channels I wanted were not added to Turbo, I switched to a classic package. Do I wish that I could get all the channels that I want at the TubroHD prices? Of course I do but I can't really complain because all the HD channels that were available at the time I switched are still part of the TurboHD packages. There is never a guarantee about the future of anything in life.

Ok so I'm on a classic package now but I don't regret switching to Dish. Many more HD channels, better DVR, and lots of promos like 3 months free HBO/Starz, then 3 months free HBO/Showtime, then 3 months free PlatinumHD which will continue to be free even after my 3 months runs out.

I have a good feeling about Dish Network. They have given me a LOT for the price I pay.

From Multichannel News:

however I have been told by Dish Network’s Kathy Gonzalez that the Platinum HD package will remain an actual package for those HD customers currently subscribed to the package and the $10 a month charge will remain on customers bills. The only people who will get the Platinum HD package included with the regular HD package are those customers who are new customers or existing Dish Network customers who have never subscribed to HD programming before.

Confused yet? Yeah me too.

Farewell Echostar 5 - The Satellite Dish | Blog on Multichannel News

This ought to be interesting if this turns out to be the case.
As I said, as of yesterday, and there are several detailed updates all over this forum to the contrary, making it look like the company line that was released above has changed. But if there is a real "shaft" being administered here, just file a complaint with your state Attorney General and cash in on the $6 Mil that DISH was fined for the situation like this that can turn sour. The filing time was extended to 150 days after the verdict. I think we have plenty of time to see how this unveils and have time to file.

Rock out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)