TurboHD customers get the final thrust from Dish

The problem wasn't TVX-SD and TVX-HD being in Turbo, that is already the case with channels like Comedy Central where both SD and HD are included. The problem was if you want to carry TVX in a package you also have to include TVY even though TVY does not have an HD channel.

Thats how I understood it and maybe Dish wasn't aware of this problem when they started the HD packages. I can see it maybe had started with MSNBC. Or maybe it was Fox News, but the idea is the same. Dish probably was like "ok we are going to offer your channel in our classic and Turbo packages". So Fox was all "Woah there, does the Turbo package have FX, Fox Sports, Fox Reality Channel, Fox American Idol Channel, etc." Dish :"Well no, you don't even offer those in HD". Fox :"No deal only in that packages that have those channels too". So I wonder if Dish was taken by surprise (of course this doesn't answer why Absolute got some of those channels). Which is fine, but I think Dish handeled it terribly. I would assume that most Turbo subs are fairly intelligent and understand this technology. We *want* and HD only package and came to Dish because they are the only company offering one. So they could come out and say "look here is the deal", bring the price back down because they can't offer anymore channels, tell us we can keep what we got without an increase, but that we would have to go the classic packages to get all the channels. And maybe throw in the 6 month discount pricing for those who want to switch from Turbo to Classic (but only if you go from Turbo to Classic+HD). Just work with us!

The problem wasn't TVX-SD and TVX-HD being in Turbo, that is already the case with channels like Comedy Central where both SD and HD are included. The problem was if you want to carry TVX in a package you also have to include TVY even though TVY does not have an HD channel.

Any way you slice and dice it (perhaps with that Dish Network pizza cutter item for retailers?), the programmers and content providers are holding back innovation in pay TV and in online content distribution. It's the CBS Corporations, the Disneys, NBCUs, and News Corporations of this world that hold Dish and its subscribers back. They'd rather sue the butts off of America.

So.. not sure if this has been covered before and I dont' want to wade through this whole thread to find the answer..

Does anyone know how long we will be able to keep the TurboHD packages?

A while back, we downgraded to the TurboHD Bronze package and, for our needs, it works for us. At the time, we managed to swing a $15/month credit for the DishDVR advantage so the net result is we pay $24.99 total for the the Bronze, DVR, and locals with no 2 year contract..

Really don't want to give up that pricing anytime soon.. or commit to another 2 years to get better pricing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)