TurboHD Gold/DishAmerica Gold - No new HDs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have Turbo/DishAmerica Silver and I've been quietly watching the discussions on this and other boards since the package was launched. The comments have, at times, been brutal. Yes, at any time any one of us on those packages can upgrade and pay more to get the channels that others have had added to their packages for virtually the same cost (when factoring in price hikes and such). While there are some channels that have been added to the same tier of service on the "top" packages that I would have liked to see added to my package, (since they raised my rates too) It hasn't been enough to compel me to pay that much more for the few channels I would watch on the "top" tier and many that I wouldn't.

So, I'm not whining. However, I don't think Dish is doing me any favor either by letting me continue with DishAmerica Silver. It's business. They're making plenty of money off those packages or they wouldn't be offered. Period.

The issue of the "100% HD" Turbo packages has always been the fact that Dish (in some people's words) advertised, promised, whatever you want to call it - but at minimum implied that those packages would include whatever HD Dish had to offer and that has just not been true. Whether it is Dish playing games or the networks that are holding out, makes no real difference to those of us watching TV.

I just wish those of you who are bashing people for complaining would stop and think about it a bit more. Everyone has their reasons for picking the level they are at and we all know we can always pay more and get more. Fact of the matter is that some people paid more and are not getting as much and Dish really should have stepped up and addressed that. Instead, they continue on as if nothing matters and that irritates some people. So what?

I've certainly expressed my thoughts to Dish and, for me, when it irritates me enough, I'll leave and let that do the talking.

The problem with this is you think it was Dish's choice to stop adding HD to these packs. I think Dish would prefer adding all the HD. But I think the content providers put a stop to it. For example, MTV Networks (Viacom) may have not wanted some of their channels added as it would have enabled people to drop MTV2, TV Land, Nick Jr, and so on, thus causing them to lose money. So, faced with only being able to add some channels but not all, Dish decided to add none, and keep the price the same, enabling those perfectly happy with the selection that was originally offered (which was all of you, apparently when you signed up) to keep the pack.

And while Dish may be making money at current levels, they might not if they suddenly added 10 HD channels. Plus, that would only perpetuate the mistaken idea that some of you have that Dish will add all the channels.

"Some people paid more". Who are they?

Oh so now Dish is always the good guy, its alway the providers as the problem. I find that very hard to believe. Just my opinion, but I'm entitled to it.

Oh so now Dish is always the good guy, its alway the providers as the problem. I find that very hard to believe. Just my opinion, but I'm entitled to it.

The providers are never the bad guy? Hey, it could be Dish that's the bad guy. But why promote TurboHD packs, then back off as soon as they started making big deals with big content providers like MTV Networks and Fox? The explanation just seems logical.

Even if Dish would come forth and say that an issue came up with the providers allowing them to continue providing HD only content for the Turbo/Dish America packages, it is STILL a "black eye issue" for Dish. They should have had a more concrete plan in place. One with much more extensive research compiled. This would have eliminated any so call surprises. I find it hard to believe that Dish would have created the packages and spent all the money that they had to have tossed for it, from what was seen and heard, and NOT have done this research. I will forever believe that it was a "bait and switch" move. Karma is a _itch and I hope that they lose customers just as fast as they added them from what has become (or will become) the Turbo fiasco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts