Turn Angle for HH motors such as hh120

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottie

Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
Hi, I'm a newbie with a full view of the horizon looking at purchasing an HH120 with a Fortec 120 cm dish located in Athens, Ga (33.88n 83.38w) wanting to watch some channels on Hispasat among others. When I calculate my Hispasat Az 113 degrees it is 67 from south and the HH120 motor says rotation angle is 62 degrees. Does it mean the HH120 won't turn a full 180 horizon-horizon? If so can I somehow pick my arc ( not set on south) to give me a 124 degree steerable arc or are there some Ku band small dish friendly HH motors that do a full 180 horizon -horizon arc. Or am I just misunderstanding the specs on the HH120?

Thanks for your advice.

You are at 83.38W and Hispasat is at 30w. Motor will have to move 53.38 degrees. That is wll within the limits of HH120.

scottie said:
Hi, I'm a newbie with a full view of the horizon looking at purchasing an HH120 with a Fortec 120 cm dish located in Athens, Ga (33.88n 83.38w) wanting to watch some channels on Hispasat among others. When I calculate my Hispasat Az 113 degrees it is 67 from south and the HH120 motor says rotation angle is 62 degrees. Does it mean the HH120 won't turn a full 180 horizon-horizon? If so can I somehow pick my arc ( not set on south) to give me a 124 degree steerable arc or are there some Ku band small dish friendly HH motors that do a full 180 horizon -horizon arc. Or am I just misunderstanding the specs on the HH120?

Thanks for your advice.

I don't know of any HH motor that has a 180 deg range. You will either have to get 2 dishes, (1 dish pointed at the Hipasat satellite and the other dish mounted on your motor) or forget the motor and manually aim your dish. The Hipasat is only at 20 deg elevation for you and you still migh not be able to get the bird. If I were you, I would just mount the dish and confirm that you can get a signal from that satellite. You can always get a motor later or a second dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)