TV Adjustment DVD???

Diamond Dog

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
I know the best thing to do it to have one of those calibration experts come into your house and to spend $600 to calibrate your TV.

Are there any less expensive alternatives (that will be good but probably not as good)? A DVD or something?

BTW, I orginally started a thread and poll about my Standard Defination TV not being that clear. I have sinced followed everyones advice and adjusted the contrast, brightness, and sharpness down and my picture is so much better!

A lot of the DVDs that have THX have a THX optimizer that you can use as a start. Most of the Disney DVDs have the THX

I own Avia, Sound & Vision and Digital Video Essentials. For the novice who is not inteested in service menu tweaks, I recomend Sound and Vision. For the hardcore Avia is great. DVE is somwhere in between and a little more difficult to move around the menu tha the others. Of course a THX opitmizer is sufficient for most people. Its only fault is the tendancy to have contrast a bit higher than average.

I ended up purchasing a Mitsu 65611 HDTV through a friend of a business associate that works for Mitsubishi corporate. When I asked him if he thought it would be usefull to have it professionally calibrated for a couple of hundred dollars, he said basically don't waste your money.The calibrate button on the tv restores everything to the original factory settings.

I am NOT advocating anything...just relaying an opinion from someone who is probably in the know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)