Tv dx

Hopeing to get a lil dx this weekend....this is my portable...im also a ham operator... ( KD9ARZ)
8 bay uhf with channel master amp at antenna..100 ft of nice quad shield not cheap walmart..
20180623_191138.jpg
20180623_191127.jpg
20180623_193020.jpg
20180623_193221.jpg
20180623_192959.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Hopeing to get a lil dx this weekend....this is my portable...im also a ham operator... ( KD9ARZ)
8 bay uhf with channel master amp at antenna..100 ft of nice quad shield not cheap walmart..View attachment 133705View attachment 133706View attachment 133707View attachment 133708View attachment 133709

That pole above the end of the tower looks to be about 10 ft, I hope you don't get a storm with strong winds or it might come down on its own.

Reactions: k.r.
Its 16 ft above tower..i know not to play with it that extended in the winds..its temp set up...it dont take but a few min to lower the poles and pull the pin and let the tower down..i dont leave it up...just my toy to drive around and play ham radio where ever i think is a good spot to park..thought id play a lil uhf tv surfin tonite

Although this is not really a DX, I came home, and I found that my DTVpal converter box automatically scanned in channel 70.1, a Tandberg service channel owned by Green Bay, Wisconsin NBC affiliate WGBA-TV 26, owned by E.W. Scripps. The channel primarily displays a colored bar test pattern and looks to be a test channel.

Although this is not really a DX, I came home, and I found that my DTVpal converter box automatically scanned in channel 70.1, a Tandberg service channel owned by Green Bay, Wisconsin NBC affiliate WGBA-TV 26, owned by E.W. Scripps. The channel primarily displays a colored bar test pattern and looks to be a test channel.
I dont count it as dx...but its still exciteing to find something new..or difficult to get stuff..theres a station about 8 miles from me.. i get it 2e ..it takes a gain antenna pointed to it and about 20 ft min elevation and no birds flying...lol...i always gota see if it comes in during diff weather and all..for like 2 years its playd the same 12 hr loop..

Lil bit of dx lastnight..around 1030 pm
WCHS 8.1
WVAH 11.1
And all their sub channels... Hunington West Virginia..about 200 mile...not bad since the antenna was just sitn at fence post (10 ft)...thats where i keep it when its not on the truck tower and long pole..i went out and put it on the tower and raised it to bout 40 ft and found nothing new...

its playd the same 12 hr loop..

Just curious, what do they play on the continuous 12-hr loop?

Kinda reminds me of when I used to visit the Gatlinburg, TN and Smokey Mountains area with friends 20 or so years ago. There was an FM station that played Garth Brooks' "The Thunder Rolls" over and over 24/7. No idea why.

DXing is not dependent on your antenna, if the distant signal is focused on you somehow, rabbit ears can receive it.

DXing is not dependent on your antenna, if the distant signal is focused on you somehow, rabbit ears can receive it.

I don’t believe that is necessarily true. If I cannot receive my regular locals with rabbit ears, then how could locals 200 miles away come in during a DX event (tropospheric ducting)? I do a lot better DX’ing with my roof antenna than an indoor set of rabbit ears or a mudflap.

I know...but ground level here i have a forest of tree branches and bunch of houses and metal wrapd garages blocking bout every good direction..most times when i bring it above the jungle it kicks butt alot more

Just curious, what do they play on the continuous 12-hr loop?

Kinda reminds me of when I used to visit the Gatlinburg, TN and Smokey Mountains area with friends 20 or so years ago. There was an FM station that played Garth Brooks' "The Thunder Rolls" over and over 24/7. No idea why.
Its a loop of old horror movie previews..

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts