TV Guide shows up on program guide

Stacy A

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
northeast Texas
I'm sorry if this was covered in another post, but I've been gone for almost 10 days on vacation and with all the new threads I can't find anything.

When we came back, we noticed that "TV guide" shows up on the program guide now. What's the story?

I think they finally got around to a contractual agreement they had with them having them place their logo in all the receivers guides.

Luckily it's only their logo and not their stupid guide with advertisements

i have had the tv guide logo on my 625, since I got it, and that would be July 23, 2005. I have been wondering why the logo is there, maybe it means that they get all the guide info from tv guide, with the critique and all that. I just noticed with my 625 after the L253 update, now in the info, i get VCR codes as well.

I think that TV won some Lawsuit vs Dish. I remember that the TV guide channel showed up right after the ruling. Maybe this logo is part of all that.

dfergie said:
Neither my 501, 921 nor 2700 have , just the 6000u...

That's strange. I haven't checked my 510 to see if its got it. So far, just the 6000 is the one I've noticed it on. You would think I would have noticed it on the 510 since I just got a Harmony universal remote and have gone throught the childbirth pains of getting that working properly, switching back and forth from the 6000 to the 510.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts