TV Japan Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimWH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Tampa Fl.
I noticed recently that TVJPN started showing up in my directory. I guess this is a subscription channel, but sometimes it appears as normal. Curious, I selected it one of those times and I got a lost signal message. Looking at The List on this site I see it is is a spot beam channel. Now as I have 'moved' and not in spot beam range of the market I view I understand why I can't get it. If I read the upload report correctly, there it is as listed as CONUS. I am curious also as to why a channel like this would be on a spot beam. Thanks in advance for any info.

It's spotbeamed to Hawaii on the one you are seeing lost signal, that's the spotbeam you're not in. There is another channel number that is not spotbeamed, that is free during certain news broadcasts, and has English SAP.

There are 2 versions of TVJapan out there

channel 640 is on CONUS and requires 118.7 to get
channel 641 is for Hawaii only and is on satellite 119...thats why it shows in the guide

Actually,it's at 9989 on 118 conus, 9990 Hawaii. 640 I think may be a slate on 118. I also think 641 is no longer or hidden now, but 9990 shows on 119 for Hawaii.

It's 623-1 on the H/J. For some stupid reason, they nest International Channels on the H/J EPG, which means even more new channel numbers to confuse things.

along with the music channels being on one number....at least from what I read on the channel line-up card. I do not have a H/J setup.

Mojo Jojo said:
along with the music channels being on one number....at least from what I read on the channel line-up card. I do not have a H/J setup.

Its supposed to be for a more stream line guide, the radio stations are on a collapsible channel, hit that channel or a plus on it and it expands it so you can see them all.

I understand the point of the nested channels feature. Using that feature for International packages is stupid, pointless, and counter productive. This is especially true for an International package that contains ONE CHANNEL. So, now, there are TWO CHANNELS in the guide, instead of one.

But, yes. For music channels, it makes perfect sense. It would be great for PPV channels, as well. But, for some reason (cough- they want you to see all the movies you can buy -cough), they don't nest the PPV channels.

GaryPen said:
I understand the point of the nested channels feature. Using that feature for International packages is stupid, pointless, and counter productive. This is especially true for an International package that contains ONE CHANNEL. So, now, there are TWO CHANNELS in the guide, instead of one.

But, yes. For music channels, it makes perfect sense. It would be great for PPV channels, as well. But, for some reason (cough- they want you to see all the movies you can buy -cough), they don't nest the PPV channels.

I don't like how they do it with the RSNs. My 722 only showed my RSN and the alts. Now the hopper shows all the RSNs but they are nested and different numbers than they were before. I wish they would give us an option to turn that "feature" off. All they did in the RSN case was make it more complicated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts