TV Land (Classic)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Discovered a new channel tonight called "TV Land (Classic)" on IPTV. It was airing Gilligan's Island and Bonanza while I was watching. Is this a new channel? Has anyone ever seen it on FTA? I need to lookup the complete schedule to see what other retro programming they offer.

TV Land is a Pay channel.
I watched it all the time when I paid for TV.

The only TV Land I know is the cable channel that was born out of Nick at Nite.
Nickelodeon was Nick at Nite, airing some classic tv like Cannon and many other shows.

TV Land (as mentioned above) was launched in 1996 and back in the day was all classic tv, Mr Ed, I Love Lucy, Dennis the Menace, lot of shows in Black and White.

Nowadays, they air their own produced shows like Hot in Cleveland, and I fail to see anything of classic tv in that one, :rolleyes:

From the Wiki:

Shift of programming focus to Generation X audiences

After Memorial Day and the ending of Hot in Cleveland, a new simple 'ribbon effect' network logo was unveiled to go with the campaigns for the network's new original series Impastor and The Jim Gaffigan Show and more of a focus on Generation X viewers who grew into the network's demographic, an implicit admission that its subchannel classic television competitors are more designed for the generation of viewers TV Land started with. The network officially announced the introduction of the rebranding on June 23, 2015.[13]

Currently though, the network's morning and afternoon blocks of classic television will continue under the "TV Land Classic" branding, which will continue to feature a version of the double-trapezoid logo, creating a setup equivalent to FXM, where that network's older movie content under its former branding of Fox Movie Channel is branded under the "FXM Retro" banner.

Ok, when I saw this channel I thought perhaps TV Land recently launched a spin-off classic channel of TV Land that I was not aware of. An example of this is when the Cartoon Network launched Boomerang what they began featuring original programming.

During my search, I found that Gilligan's Island and Bonanza are currently on the TV Land schedule. Perhaps they simply air a block of afternoon programming that they call TV Land (Classic).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts