TV mount that allows you to mount joey behind HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jgATL

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Has anyone mounted their joey behind their HDTV on an articulating wall mount? I've mounted my joey on the back of a non-mounted HDTV, but that takes the slots I need to wall mount the TV. The majority of the mounts tie into the back of the set, taking teh slots the joey would use to mount into the bakc of the TV.

I recall seeing a post stating that there was a pic on the forum of the Joey mounted behind a TV, but didn't see it in the CES forum. Any help would be appreciated.

I used the wall mount as well. It looks clean. I centered the Joey mount on one side of the TV Mount. On the other side, I centered 4 Black Electrical outlets. This is the cleanest I have ever had the bedroom TV Setup.

I was going to suggest double stick tape but I thing the Velcro wrap idea is a lot better.

image-1821284566.jpg

I mounted the Joey on the back of the tv along with a Hdmi splitter amp that is slaving another tv in hd

I used velcro.. No extra holes in the wall. Its on the back of the TV. I can remove it anytime.
Works great.

Thanks for the velcro idea! I am getting ready for my Hopper/Joey install and I am trying to figure out how to hide the Joey behind a wall-mounted TV set and to minimize the number of cables. Velcro might be the easiest solution to the problem!

I'm in the process of mounting a Samsung TV using a Sanus VMPL50A over my fireplace. I currently have a Hopper in a closed cabinet next to the fireplace and ran an HDMI cable up to the TV thru the wall. I'm concerned with the heat in the closed space so was thinking of switching my hopper and a joey from another location and then mounting the joey behind the TV. I could then use the HDMI cable in the wall to hook up my blueray player.

I think first I will finish mounting the TV to see what kind of space I have left. The bracket is on the wall but the wife was watching a show so I had to stop. I've got wall space between an outlet and a coax/cat5e box that might work but the velcro on the back of the TV might be a better plan. I'll post pics once I get it all set up.

I hope no one from Australia stumbles onto this thread. All this talk of mounting Joeys could cause an uproar!

(Sorry, been working since 4am and I'm a little loopy)

I haven't tried this, but an alternative might be 3M command strips as opposed to double sided tape. My issue is that I use a Universal remote which makes it difficult to put the Joey out of sight without an IR repeater. Wish the new set had that option as that would make the installation significantly cleaner.

Cheers,

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in the process of mounting a Samsung TV using a Sanus VMPL50A over my fireplace. I currently have a Hopper in a closed cabinet next to the fireplace and ran an HDMI cable up to the TV thru the wall. I'm concerned with the heat in the closed space so was thinking of switching my hopper and a joey from another location and then mounting the joey behind the TV. I could then use the HDMI cable in the wall to hook up my blueray player.

I think first I will finish mounting the TV to see what kind of space I have left. The bracket is on the wall but the wife was watching a show so I had to stop. I've got wall space between an outlet and a coax/cat5e box that might work but the velcro on the back of the TV might be a better plan. I'll post pics once I get it all set up.

TV is up and turned out really nice. I have plenty of space so will be swapping a Joey upstairs for the Hopper that is currently here. Might have to wait on that since the wife wants some pictures hung and I need to get a 3' HDMI cable from Monoprice first.

photo.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)