TV station going to 720p because of HD Lite???

BrettTRay

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
'Bama
I know that the stations that have already bought and started broadcasting in 1080i wouldn't do it but do ya'll think that the stations that are going to start broadcasting in HD will do it in 720p because of what is being done to there signals in 1080i? I hope that the stations out there are reading about what is being done to 1080i signals and change there mind about what resolution they produce the content in. I really hope that channels to come go with 720p because lets be real, HD Lite is here to stay. Sure 720p doesn't have that wow effect that full rez 1080i has but thats the problem, theres not going to be any full rez 1080i left. This is just something to think about.

BrettTRay said:
I know that the stations that have already bought and started broadcasting in 1080i wouldn't do it but do ya'll think that the stations that are going to start broadcasting in HD will do it in 720p because of what is being done to there signals in 1080i? I hope that the stations out there are reading about what is being done to 1080i signals and change there mind about what resolution they produce the content in. I really hope that channels to come go with 720p because lets be real, HD Lite is here to stay. Sure 720p doesn't have that wow effect that full rez 1080i has but thats the problem, theres not going to be any full rez 1080i left. This is just something to think about.

Actually I have the feeling 720p equipment costs more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts