Tv swap, Now bad picture

frwyptrl

Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
Hello,

New here. I have a DishNetwork Vip622 (dual receiver). A Samsung HDTV is Tv1. I swapped out Tv2 with a JVC HDTV. The previous tv was hooked up with regular coax with no problems. Since I have hooked up the JVC I cannot get a picture. The set up was left the same at channel 125/cable on the receiver. I ran the tv channel search to locate channel 125 without any luck. I have tried numerous channels as well as in 'air mode' with no luck. I dont understand how this can occur when it should be s simple as hooking up the coax. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Press "Menu 6,1,5" and see what your TV2 is set up to broadcast on. Just set it to "AIR 60." Now check channel 60, or 116. You should have a picture on one fo those channels.

Does you your JVC HD tv have more than one coax antenna input, Like Ant 1 and Ant 2? Make sure you have selected the correct Ant connection on your input list.

Thanks for your reply.. I did as you stated with no luck...The tv does have one cable and one over the air input. I attached a splitter with one into the cable and one into the 'over the air' input. I am now getting a very snowy picture (can barely decifer the dish menu) on channel 60 air. any other suggestions?

hook it into the over the air input only, don't use the splitter (although the splitter shouldn't really hurt your signal) Do like Iwannarock said, and check menu 6-1-5 to see what channel tv2 should be set too. If you set it to air, make sure your tv is set to air, or cable if you set it to cable.

Have you tried to do a channel scan on your tv and just let it see what it picks up?

Also, some higher frequency channels come across a bit grainier if you have a really long cable run or a bunch of splitters in line to it. What your describing doesn't sound like that, but you could always try changing your channel for tv 2 to a much lower frequency such as 22 or 24 or something. I'm not familiar with local stations in our area that are over the air, but try to stay two channels away from whatever they may be. (for instance, in my area channel 21 is the over the air channel for Public broadcasting, so I would set my tv 2 to channel 23 or 24)

good luck. If your old tv worked ok it would sure seem like it's just a tv setting or something overlooked. Is the cable your using good? Good ends/fittings? Not bent or kinked?

Hello,

Yes, I have done the channel scan and it will pick up the chanel that I set it on on the receiver but it is still coming in very snowy.. The coax is the same one as i used before, only 3ft long. Dunno whats going on.. I'd hate to pay Dish to come out and do the samething I'm doing and it work for them. I keep trying and let you all know. Thanks for the advise.

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I connected the main line to the OTA input and it worked. Thank you all for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)