Tv tuner that works with ViP622

swalke2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
atlanta
I am currently using the ViP622 DVR. I am looking to connect the UHF channel/coax to my pc. Can this be done.

I bought a sabrent USB digital tuner today and cannot seem to get it to work. Seems the problem is that the media center or the HDplayer that came with the tuner cannot pick up channel 60

I am running vista 64b on an HP pavilion

Is there any tuner card internal or external that will allow me to hook my dish up to my pc?

Thanks
Steve

yes but only able to see what the receiver is tuned to. make sure that tuner on pc is set for "over the air" or "antenna" NOT cable.

The TV tuner needs to be able to pick up analog channels.

That is the problem I am having. When I run the media center setup it only shows the tuner as digital. I dont have an option to choose analog.

Steve

oh wait...so maybe this tuner i have will only pick up digital signal...
The box says
digital free-to-air digital TV,ATSC HDTV,and unencrypted QAM cable TV

So i need one that specifically says supports analog?

Thanks for the help.

Correct. These are called hybrid tuners and often come with an adapter that goes from a plug on the card to multiple "tails" for composite, Svideo, and audio jacks.

oh wait...so maybe this tuner i have will only pick up digital signal...
The box says
digital free-to-air digital TV,ATSC HDTV,and unencrypted QAM cable TV

Thanks for the help.

Are you saying you have an externa digital tuner. Where is it plugged into your TV? If composite you can hook you Dish ch 60 line to that same input. You can combine the two signals with a "backwards" splitter (which I do) in that situation.

If your tuner doesn't support ntsc, you're out of luck. Otherwise, a lot of times with these newer tuners is you need a software decoder/encoder for analog support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts