TV1 and TV2 with ViP622

ctjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
Yet another question before my install. I have read over the product pdf but can't answer this question with certainty:

To get the dual TV mode going with the ViP622, does the 2nd(SD) television have to be hard-wired to the 622? If so, I guess I can't utilize it-- my other set is on another floor at the opposite end of the house!

The 2nd set (TV2) can either be hardwired via S-Video or composite or the RF agile modulator, or if you have a 2.4GHz or other frequency short range transmitter and receiver (like the Radio Shack Signal Sender 15-2572) which can be attached to the 622 via the composite connection.

Thanks, Jim! Sounds like I would need the RS Signal Sender in my case. I guess I should have it on hand or when the installer arrives?

Is that the best (or even only) one of those such devices available?

If your other set, on another floor has existing coax going to that room,
the installer can use that

My current set does have a line running to it. I have 4 sets total under my current D* setup. I "THINK" the TV upstairs has the shortest run from the sat as it comes in via my attic.

I don't understand how that will be attached to the DVR on the first floor? Sorry to be so dense!

My current set does have a line running to it. I have 4 sets total under my current D* setup. I "THINK" the TV upstairs has the shortest run from the sat as it comes in via my attic.

I don't understand how that will be attached to the DVR on the first floor? Sorry to be so dense!

The installer would use a pair of Diplexer's and run tv2 back up the incomng coax that feeds the vip 622.

Attachments

• tv2cro1.jpg
    tv2cro1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
I was in the same boat when I switched from D* to E* 6 months ago: trying figure out how the receiver on the 1st floor would output to my 2nd TV on the 2nd floor without direct cable between them.

E*'s cabling setup is slightly different from D*'s. To sum it up: Their equipment allows 2-way communication over the single coax running into the receiver. So the receiver get the signal from the dish and can then turn around and send TV2's output back up the coax to your 2nd TV. It's all tied together back at the multiswitch on the dish.

As long as both your TV's coax runs back to the multiswitch outside you're in good shape.

Man, that is cool! And you guys are all EXTREMELY helpful. Can't thank you enough.

JimK2--thanks for the diagram! I will have it on-hand when the installer arrives. Can you tell I've had a few bad installs? :)

Last edited:
Ganthet, were they also pretty much able to use all the existing D* cabling from the sat and all of that?

I was in the same boat when I switched from D* to E* 6 months ago: trying figure out how the receiver on the 1st floor would output to my 2nd TV on the 2nd floor without direct cable between them.

E*'s cabling setup is slightly different from D*'s. To sum it up: Their equipment allows 2-way communication over the single coax running into the receiver. So the receiver get the signal from the dish and can then turn around and send TV2's output back up the coax to your 2nd TV. It's all tied together back at the multiswitch on the dish.

As long as both your TV's coax runs back to the multiswitch outside you're in good shape.
Hi Ganthet,

Can I see if I understand this correctly. Are you saying that if you have for example, a DPP44 multiswitch with 4 cables coming out to 4 rooms, one of which is feeding the 622 - that if you connect the TV2 out from the 622 to the same cable feeding the 622 using a diplexer (before the separator), that you can "see" the TV2 output on any TV connected to the other 3 cables from the DPP44 (when tuned to the correct RF modulated channel for TV2)?

Thanks,
-Keith

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts