TV1 Stereo?

I think the idea behind the cheesy modulator on TV1 is that you're supposed to use the composite video / audio outputs for that tuner if you care about picture and sound quality.

exactly, TV2 is designed for distribution to other TVs that might be stereo. TV1 is only a "last resort" - if you don't have any other way to connect it, you probably don't have a stereo tv anyway.

I wired my 625 with tv1 output going into the vcr then out to the tv. Then I ran the tv1 Video-S & RCA audio from the 625 to the tv, so I always watch Dish on Video 1, but if I need to record to the vcr, I can still switch the tv input to channel 3 and record. I am going to install a DVD recorder inline on the Video-S cable so I can record DVD's...(Needless to say, the VCR is just about obselete!!)

Pepper said:
exactly, TV2 is designed for distribution to other TVs that might be stereo. TV1 is only a "last resort" - if you don't have any other way to connect it, you probably don't have a stereo tv anyway.

My problem is that my home wiring is such that I keep my DVR in the basement and distribute the signals via coax to two TVs elsewhere in the house. I'm afraid I don't have RCA or S-video cables running through my walls.

RocketFoot said:
I wired my 625 with tv1 output going into the vcr then out to the tv. Then I ran the tv1 Video-S & RCA audio from the 625 to the tv, so I always watch Dish on Video 1, but if I need to record to the vcr, I can still switch the tv input to channel 3 and record. I am going to install a DVD recorder inline on the Video-S cable so I can record DVD's...(Needless to say, the VCR is just about obselete!!)

You should use the RCA video and audio cables to record to your vcr. You'd setup your VCr to use it's aux inputs. Thta's what I used to do and you got a much better picture, plus you'll be recording the audio in stereo rather than mon like the output ov modulator 1 has.

Ron

Hey all y'all. On page 19 of my 522 manual, it states "The CH 21-69 Out connection provides good quality video and mono (non-stereo) audio for remote TV(s)." Thought some of you might check some newer manuals. Mine is copyright 2004, part number 129317.

Not fighting. I also meant that I would check out other manuals. I just looked in the 134332 522 manual (newer manual) and it says the same thing. This only makes me think that either both are mono or both may be capable of stereo.

n0qcu: This is a question, not a challenge: How do you know this? I can't help but believe you! I have been looking at the indicators on my TV and it does not show a stereo signal. Just want to know how you know.

rc811002 said:
This only makes me think that either both are mono or both may be capable of stereo.
Negative.

522/625 TV1 coax=Mono, TV2 coax=Stereo. Period.

As has been posted already, TV1 coax was considred a last resort, but I think it's more likely that Chucky got a great deal on some 1985 vintage modulators. :cool:

On a brighter note, the 622 has ONE coax port (labelled "home distribution"), but TWO agile modulators, so BOTH TV1 & 2 are stereo.

:) I try not to believe everthing I read. So, I did the scientific thing. I tested both TV1 and TV2 on the same set. My results were... Drum roll please... The manual is WRONG. Dish printed the wrong thing. Not once, but twice. Not surprised. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)