TV2 ??? about using Composite cables

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Is it Possible to use composite cables instead of the coax for my SD tv using the TV2 option. Its about 50-75' away. Will it weaken the signal? I want to improve my TV 2 PQ. I'm using Dual mode Not single mode. Just incase we misunderstand.

At 50-75' you should have no problems running composite video and L/R audio.

OK, let me change my statement. You lose the ability to watch two different shows on both TV's if you use composite cables.

When using composite cables for TV2 in dual mode.... you do lose the ability to watch TV1 but that is not really a problem, if you want to watch the same
program on TV2 that is on TV1 just tune TV2 to that channel.

If you use component cables (component cables are only on TV1) then yes TV2 has to watch the same thing as TV1.

Maybe I'm not understanding the question/quotes correctly???

Fellas,

I thought the 622 has a set of composite + L/R outputs for TV2 as well as the RF out. I'm pretty sure they work as TV2 in dual mode. I seem to remember using the L/R outputs to my stereo at Christmas for the Christmas music and had my TV showing something else.

Miner

When using composite cables for TV2 in dual mode.... you do lose the ability to watch TV1 but that is not really a problem, if you want to watch the same
program on TV2 that is on TV1 just tune TV2 to that channel.

If you use component cables (component cables are only on TV1) then yes TV2 has to watch the same thing as TV1.

Maybe I'm not understanding the question/quotes correctly???

That is not true.. I have tv1 fed by component cables and tv2 fed with composite to other tvs. They both use the seperate tuners. running composite cables more than 12 feet can work, but you will loose picture quality and eventually the composite video feed will burn up. All the audio and video feeds on the back of the dish box, except for the tv2 coax output, are only made to trave a max of 12 feet with great signal quality. If you are going to travel more than 12 feet us a signal amp. I prefer CE Labs, they make excellent stuff. There is definitely a better picture with the composite video output than the coax output.

That is not true.. I have tv1 fed by component cables and tv2 fed with composite to other tvs. They both use the seperate tuners. running composite cables more than 12 feet can work, but you will loose picture quality and eventually the composite video feed will burn up. All the audio and video feeds on the back of the dish box, except for the tv2 coax output, are only made to trave a max of 12 feet with great signal quality. If you are going to travel more than 12 feet us a signal amp. I prefer CE Labs, they make excellent stuff. There is definitely a better picture with the composite video output than the coax output.
So where do I get this stuff from! And your sure I can watch 2 different programs at the same time still? I don't want 2 tvs watching the same program.

I stand corrected. It does look like the 622 can output composite to TV2. I did not remember this when I had the receiver.

I removed my other posts as to not confuse others that are looking into this.

Are you 100% sure ,Because I don't want to buy all this crap and find out you were right to begin with.

If you have a small TV just move it next to the 622 and use a smaller composite cable to test. This way you will be 100% sure.

That distance is fine for composite...don't use a stock prefab cable but if you use 3 lengths of RG59 with compression connectors you should be OK.

Best thing would be a cat 5 with baluns though.

Well it does work! and the picture is much better then the coax. I can get 50' at monoprice. But I want to make sure that ok to do.? Or as one said will I need some type of an amp?? and the 50' foot cables from monoprice are RG-59

Well it does work! and the picture is much better then the coax. I can get 50' at monoprice. But I want to make sure that ok to do.? Or as one said will I need some type of an amp?? and the 50' foot cables from monoprice are RG-59

Doubtful that you'd need an amp unless you're going 150-200+ feet.

Are you 100% sure ,Because I don't want to buy all this crap and find out you were right to begin with.

Our 722 is hooked up via HDMI, Component (we had an issue with HDMI one weekend) to Tuner 1, AND Composite (Red, Yellow, White) to Tuner 2. I know all of our Coax going to the big screen is awful, but Tuner 2 looks pretty good so I am 99% certain it was Composite.

Geoff

I use the composite output from TV2 on my 622 for the TV in our bedroom and the picture is much better than the coax RF output. I install AV systems on a college campus, and we have had no problems running composite video over RG-6 (or even RG-59) cable for several hundred feet. The cables from monoprice should work fine for distances up to 100 feet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)