TV2 connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I am getting laid off of work soon. I am trying to save some money buy getting rid of a DVR. I currently have two. The tv in the bedroom is an old sony 32" wega. The turner seems to have gone out on it. I tried putting the tv2 out on air and cable from the dvr and tv wont pick it up. I also tried the coax output for tv 1. I use to have a digital converter box hooked to and as I remember the tuner went out just before I removed it. All the other inputs work. I tried using the convertor box to pick up the tv2 signal from the dvr but it woud not. If I could make that work I could use the rca from it to the tv. What else could I try.

Silly question, but have you tried scanning for channels on the TV after you set the TV2 output on the DVR to whatever channel you're using? Some TVs won't pick up channels until they've been scanned in. You shouldn't need the converter box since the signal that's coming out of the DVR is plain old analog NTSC.

Yeah I tried scanning. Sure that tuner is shot. Hooked up antenna and nothing. Tossed all my old vcrs. May have to get another just to use as tuner. Will also miss my digital audio. Guess just use RCA from whatever I end up using.

Yeah I tried scanning. Sure that tuner is shot. Hooked up antenna and nothing. Tossed all my old vcrs. May have to get another just to use as tuner. Will also miss my digital audio. Guess just use RCA from whatever I end up using.

Brian,

When you say "old sony 32" wega," how old is it. In other words, is its tuner NTSC or is it ATSC and NTSC?

It is probably close to 20 years old. Still has a reasonably good picture. Mostly just watch westerns on it.

Brian,

At your TV 1 location, where your DVR receiver is located, you can go to the Modulator Setup screen to see what channel TV 2 is suppose to be set on. Press the Menu button on the DISH remote to bring up the Main Menu on your screen, then press 6 (System Setup), 1 (Installation), and then 5 (Modulator Setup). On the right side of the screen you should see TV 2 Out. Under Channel is the channel number TV 2 should be set to. Place your TV 2 on this channel. If TV 2 is set to Air, the channel will be between 21 and 69; if set to Cable, it will set to 70 or above. When you switch from Air to Cable (or vice versa) it will automatically switch to 60 for Air or 73 for Cable. If after setting your TV to the correct channel and you still don't have a picture, unplug the receiver for 10 seconds and let it reboot. If you still have problems, please PM me. Thanks.

he could do a splitter at the forst tv and run it to the second tv. yes they would have the same picture but at least it's something.

Send the NTSC signal to the remote TV over coax, but use an old VCR as tuner and connect it to your Sony with composite video + RCA audio.

If his tuner on the Sony is truly shot a tech visit won't help. He needs to go to a Salvation Army type store and pick up a used vcr or tv that has a working tuner.

I would just buy a used TV. We get used CRT TVs a lot when people upgrade to a flat panel. They always ask if they can get a trade-in but I tell them that they aren't worth anything to us. I bet you could get a 32" for $50.

I found a VCR in the bedroom I can use. I was just thinking of a way I could keep my digital sound. Getting laid off sucks. I was planning to upgrading tv. At least I have my 67" in living room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)